Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just like to state for the record that i don't think this will happen in a million years but I couldn't help thinking of this team:

howard
baines
jagielka
lescott
coleman
pienaar
gibson
barkley
mirallas
rooney
jelavic

bench from: hibbert, distin, duffy, oviedo, stones, osman, naismith, anichebe, vellios, kennedy plus youth teams.

that's based on heitinga, felliani, neville, and hitzlsperger off the books.

the only real net spend would be rooney's wages (which would be a huge ask).

i also realise that barkley is relatively inexperienced but we have ossie and could potentially be in the market for a couple of squad players.

would never happen but we can dream.

25M this summer
15M next summer
Free following summer

What do think the efc board would want to do?

Having said all that, wouldn't it be brilliant if we swapped Rooney for Fellaini. And then still had 10-15M TV money for 2-3 signings.

I'd just like to state for the record that i don't think this will happen in a million years but I couldn't help thinking of this team:

howard
baines
jagielka
lescott
coleman
pienaar
gibson
barkley
mirallas
rooney
jelavic

bench from: hibbert, distin, duffy, oviedo, stones, osman, naismith, anichebe, vellios, kennedy plus youth teams.

that's based on heitinga, felliani, neville, and hitzlsperger off the books.

the only real net spend would be rooney's wages (which would be a huge ask).

i also realise that barkley is relatively inexperienced but we have ossie and could potentially be in the market for a couple of squad players.

would never happen but we can dream.

Add Fer and Donovan to that and jobs a good en!!

i understand but doing some back of fag packet sums.

let's assume lescott & heitinga net each other off in terms of fee/wages.
felliani will go for about £20-25m (hopefully).
wages for felliani (70k), neville (40k) and hitz (20k) give us £130k.

how about spending £30m on rooney and offering £180k a week.

that leaves us with £5-10m transfer fee to find and about £50k a week wages (£2.6m). (if you want to go all the way up to £250k a week you'd be looking at an extra £6m a season).

is that out of the realms of possibility given that we will be getting about £10m a season more in terms of profit?

If we get Fellaini and Neville off the wage bill then we have 125k available for weekly wages without even looking at the TV money.

It would mean that we would be choosing quality over squad depth though, which would be fine by me.

So Rooney would only have to drop about £20m ish on a four year deal ? For me if rooney wants to come back (and i think he probably does ) does he really want it or does he like the idea because we are talking aout him dropoing an astronomical amount if money , I know he's rich but the figures are huge. Not to mention we'd effectively have to spend a transfer fee with zero opportunity to recoup any of it , that's be a big step for this club.

At this stage it just seems it'd be so difficult to finance .

It will depend what Rooney wants to do or more likely what Coleen wants him to do. If she wants to stay around the North West to be close to her family then that limits his options, us or City.

If it is us then straight swap Fellaini for Rooney and Rooney on Fellaini's wages £75 000 per week = £3.75 million.

At the moment he gets £11 million wages and £4 million endorsements = £15 million. A big drop but we could give him a signing on fee out of the new TV money, say £5 million, so as not to upset the wage structure.

Were there is a will there is a way. It depends on how much he or Coleen wants him to come home.

250k a week.

Seems slightly out of reach I would say.

He's not actually on that mate. His basic at utd is between 150k-175k. The rest is built up around add-ons, sponserships, bonus's ect. Think we could offer him 125k + bonus's, sponserships ect... At the expense of fellaini and neville's wage.

I really don't think it's that far fetched IF all parties want it to happen...

He's not actually on that mate. His basic at utd is between 150k-175k. The rest is built up around add-ons, sponserships, bonus's ect. Think we could offer him 125k + bonus's, sponserships ect... At the expense of fellaini and neville's wage.

Bless you.

Perhaps agent Moyes could swing something

yeah he was, look down his tweets he said rooney to people.

we won't have money though to buy him

We could always do a straight swap for Felli?!.

Haha naa, being serious though, i'd love him back to play the No.10 role for us behind Jela but it's all to do with wages!. Im not so sure, actually im positive he wouldnt drop down to something like 80, 90 grand a week at us when the likes of PSG, Monaco, Chelsea & Arsenal could give him better?!.

Fellaini to Manu, Rooney to us straight swap, Rooney on Fellaini's wages.

That's an absolutely huge pay cut. He's worth more than £75k a week as well.

IF, and its a big "IF", Rooney wanted to come back to us and would take a pay cut to join, he'd still be looking at around 100 grand a week i bet!. So it still wouldnt be affordable. The thing is though, he could definitely take a massive pay cut at us as he makes a shti load in endorsements and sponsors.

With what he makes from sponsors and endorsements a year, his wages would be like pocket money to him!. I think Kenwright would stretch to 90 grand a week for Rooney IMO, but would he take such a cut, i just dont think he would, no matter how desperate he would be to rejoin?!!.

But it would be a good move IMO, a straight swap between Felli and Rooney definitely!.

Its a big NO from me. He's like a spoiled little kid - sulking on the team bus when they'd won the title. Even if he wanted to come, it wouldn't be long before he spat his dummy out again. Plus, I still haven't forgiven him for the way it happened. Blaming Moyes for running to the papers over his granny-shagging and listening far too much to Stretford (who Rooney still seems to think is only interested in him and not lining his own pockets.) His antics at United say we shouldn't touch him even if he wanted to come

Status
Not open for further replies.