Not A Transfer Rumour..... Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally don't believe he will be coming back so soon, maybe at the end of his contract. Saying that though, we need a top class striker and lets face it, Rooney is by far the best we could get. But as everyone knows the money isn't on our side for wages, they are for transfer fee but the with the squad we have its not good in a business sense. But, isn't Rooney a Nike athlete? A high profile move like this would pay for itself both for us and for Nike. Could potentially give us a helping hand?

LCAB said on twitter that he had a call from someone he trusts saying that Rooney is "crying" to come home, he did say that the fella had been on the ale though. Said he wants it and BK is desperate. Hmmmmmmm

Looking at lcabs tweet we've gotta believe it's possible. If Wayne is absolutely desperate to come back (and there's so many reasons why he could be) then he could make it happen. Would be amazing if this happened & he fired us to finishing above united :) koffmoyes

*looks to the seaside*

Matt-Phillips_1.jpg

i think wages would be the only real issue and if hes desperate to come back he might be willing to take a massive wage cut. how much extra tv money are we going to be getting???

i think wages would be the only real issue and if hes desperate to come back he might be willing to take a massive wage cut. how much extra tv money are we going to be getting???

If we get Fellaini and Neville off the wage bill then we have 125k available for weekly wages without even looking at the TV money.

It would mean that we would be choosing quality over squad depth though, which would be fine by me.

Could be an invaluable move from a marketing standpoint moving forward. There's probably no more than a ten percent chance of anything happening, but the thought of this is making me far happier than thinking about all that managerial nonsense.

If we get Fellaini and Neville off the wage bill then we have 125k available for weekly wages without even looking at the TV money.

It would mean that we would be choosing quality over squad depth though, which would be fine by me.

This has been Moyes approach for years and has served us well.

I'm sorry to say it, and I really don't want to, but Rooney's too good for us.

Regardless of the club he'd play for Wayne would still rake in the sponsorship money. Read somewhere that Rooney sells the most shirts in America. Imagine selling Everton shirts with Rooney on in America.
He can definitely afford to take the hit on his wages, if he came i think he'd get around £100k a week also.

Status
Not open for further replies.