Match Thread Norwich City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benitez knows Rondon is [Poor language removed], but is too stubborn, so he starts him. When you have a manager making decision because he doesn't like people questioning him, we will lose a lot of games. Or Benitez is losing games on purpose to get sacked to get that beautiful severance package. And you will see him being unveiled as Newcastle manager.

Same, I'm just tired of watching my team lose and keep chasing every game.
Well after 52 years of following Everton I am just sick of the rubbish being served. Benitez is not the answer but who can get these overpaid clowns to roll up their sleeves and play for this magnificent Club.

As posted elsewhere even RS fans don't bother slagging me. More like sympathy for an idiot. I feel so sorry for my daughter who is a fanatical Blue, all because of me.

how many times will benitez use the word "mistakes" in his post-match interview

winner gets a book called Maradona: The Boy. The Rebel. The God. by Guillem Balague

“It is really disappointing because we came here thinking about the win and it is a long journey for the fans who have come to support us. Everyone came here expecting us to win and we couldn’t.

We conceded two goals through our own mistakes and that makes it a mountain to climb for us. We have to stay professional, concentrate on the next training session and match.

“I am disappointed that we don’t learn and we keep making the same mistakes. Richarlison could not play the full 90 as he was coming back from injury. He only had one training session before this game.

“It is really disappointing because they are working so hard, We are doing lots of things that are good for the future, bringing in new players, but we need to be winning on the pitch.”

who had 2?

DCL
Richarlison/Gray - Richarlison/Gray- Townsend
Gomes/Gbamin - Doucs
Godfrey Keane Mina Coleman

That front four would have won us the game by half time.
The presence of Richarlison and Townsend on the wings alone would have stopped those Norwich threats in that first half.
Instead we had Gray and Mylo on the left, Gordon and Coleman on the right.

I honestly think Benetiz doesn't know how to defend

I am not sure if Benitez will stay or go after this showing, but there is almost no indications that come summer him at the helm should still be the course of action. Say what you want about Norwich but the logic of Stuart Webber's business as DoF extends past the results or managers. Or if they get relegated. The club has ascending assets all over the pitch. And that generates an optimism beyond the results. They have an adept project.

I can appreciate the age profile and investment amounts of our newest signings and if that is Rafael led its in the right vein. That said who knows the quality or his complete rationale. Or his stability in the club warranting his decisions to be listened too. If they work is besides the point the process is poor.

The club needs to look at clubs like Norwich beyond their league placement and take note. Hire a competent DoF, invest smaller amounts across the pitch and sell not only deadwood but your highest appreciating assets for stability and funds.

Is this guy on RM for real? "We won't go down". Norwich are now 6 points behind us! Never mind anyone else. Our form is pointing one way. Hope TalkSh**e are right about tonight.

Twice I have seen that Benitez banner at Everton games . I don't think stuff like that helps the players. We had protests at Leeds against Bates and Cellino managers tended to be felt sorry for, when we were dire. Benitez hasn't become a bad manager overnight, injuries bad board room decisions etc are all contributing factors. Get behind the team and manager its amazing how the players feel about the fans and gives them more confidence to try things. My mum will be rolling in her grave with what's going on at her club.

Benitez needs to go, but the board won’t sack him not until the summer. Need to do better, perhaps bring in a few more loan or cheap players? Depending on spending which is not going to happen now. Better second half but we should not go two nil down to Norwich city, who basically are nearly relegated and are ten times better than us!

Status
Not open for further replies.