2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know why Vlasic was on a flight to Croatia today? Have the players been given the day off, anyone know?

Ha last year manager was scolded for not playing him, disapointing in a preseason now everyone wants him binned.
No shades of grey on here.

A loan move to a good club where he can play every week would be great for him.
He needs games, but I am not sure we can play him, in fact it may be something similar for Lookman who could be sent on loan again.

This has to be the most snide pre-season in our history in terms of our fans. Every single player is getting it in the neck and we haven't played a serious game yet. I fear for us all if we don't start well in the league, it's a tinder box.

He's still a young lad, what he needs is games on a consistent basis in a competitive league. A newly-promoted Premier League club would be ideal, so we can keep tabs on him and see how he copes with the league's intensity over a longer period of time. Personally, I think he'll come good and has some fantastic attributes, but Everton isn't currently the best place for him to iron out his imperfections through consistent game time.

I fear for him a bit if he's heading back to Croatia the day after a pre-season tour, presuming everyone has a day off today. Maybe he isn't settling too well over here, he is still young.

homesickness can be very debilitating and it seems that there's something in the Everton 'atmosphere' that induces it. Snail Keane looks like he's going to burst into tears at any moment and by all reports is dying to get back to Burnley, young Lookman missed Charlton, and now rumours of the Croatian lad from Split wanting to split. I recall another Croatian who played GK for Ghent in Belgium. I believe we were chasing him a couple of seasons ago but his homesickness was the big stumbling block.
It's kind of ironic because Everton is known as 'the family club', but something appears rotten in the kingdom of L4.
I hope Marcel isn't missing Holland...

Hope whatever the reason he doesnt seem that keen to stay can get sorted. Be a shame to see him blossom elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.