2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he have a bad attitude if he doesn’t want to return to a club where he isn’t liked to stay at a club that love him?

Does Gomes have a bad attitude then if he choose to stay here over going back to Barca?

Exact same situation.

We would if he wasn’t such a bad snide weasling his way out. Gomes is a gentleman and a football scholar.

No player with any sort of ambition would choose to play in Russia over the Premier League - that's the bottom line.
He's twenty-one so there's a long time left for him to fulfil his ambitions. Regular first-team, competitive football and European competitions shouldn't be ignored.

I can see the merits of developing his game over there before eventually coming back, rather than sitting on the bench here behind Bernard and Richarlison.

Why does he have a bad attitude if he doesn’t want to return to a club where he isn’t liked to stay at a club that love him?

Does Gomes have a bad attitude then if he choose to stay here over going back to Barca?

Exact same situation.

I haven't seen Gomes' agent in the press on a monthly basis chatting about getting his player away from Barca. He's risking burning his bridges here cause i very much doubt CSKA will cough up the money we'll want back for him.

I haven't seen Gomes' agent in the press on a monthly basis chatting about getting his player away from Barca. He's risking burning his bridges here cause i very much doubt CSKA will cough up the money we'll want back for him.

I’m sorry but you just mentioned his agent doing all the talking? How is he personally burning bridges. He could just have crap representatives like most footballers.

This. Look at Gana. Gets a big move, doesn’t happen, doesn’t moan. Gets his head down and plays even better than before. True pro.

Gomes is a pro. Vlasic alienates the fans while Gomes embraces them.
Love Gomes. My favourite player in the current team. Hope to God we buy him in the summer.

But didn't he say Ronaldo was better than Messi when he was at Barcelona.? I'd hardly call that embracing the fans.

By the way, I wouldn't say a word against him for anything he's done since he's been here. I think he's settled in really well and, as you say, has embraced our club and in particular the community side.

As regards Vlasic, if you read his interviews rather than the headlines, he hasn't really said anything that isn't true, and I really don't think he's said anything that has disrespected our fan base either. His family possibly, but not the lad himself. There is an argument that young players should be seen and not heard, but you could say that about footballers full stop imo.

What some people are missing here is that is that he is a very talented young player, still only 21, who is already now a regular in the Croatian full squad. He has had a successful period on loan and has performed well in the Champions League too. Like Henry Onyekuru, both his stock and his value has increased since we bought him which is not to be sniffed at given some of the other bad decisions that were made under Koeman/Walsh.

I'd like to think that Brands/Silva take a look at him in the summer before making a decision on him. I trust them to do the right thing for the club.

Love Gomes. My favourite player in the current team. Hope to God we buy him in the summer.

But didn't he say Ronaldo was better than Messi when he was at Barcelona.? I'd hardly call that embracing the fans.

By the way, I wouldn't say a word against him for anything he's done since he's been here. I think he's settled in really well and, as you say, has embraced our club and in particular the community side.

As regards Vlasic, if you read his interviews rather than the headlines, he hasn't really said anything that isn't true, and I really don't think he's said anything that has disrespected our fan base either. His family possibly, but not the lad himself. There is an argument that young players should be seen and not heard, but you could say that about footballers full stop imo.

What some people are missing here is that is that he is a very talented young player, still only 21, who is already now a regular in the Croatian full squad. He has had a successful period on loan and has performed well in the Champions League too. Like Henry Onyekuru, both his stock and his value has increased since we bought him which is not to be sniffed at given some of the other bad decisions that were made under Koeman/Walsh.

I'd like to think that Brands/Silva take a look at him in the summer before making a decision on him. I trust them to do the right thing for the club.
If he thinks Ronaldo>Messi, he's not the sort of person I want affiliated with the club

TD26 it is

CSKA dont have money, or at least they didnt last summer which is why they put together a bunch of kids and have outperformed low expectations...

Vlasic was meant to be the star player...a loanee.

At least thats what i read a couple of weeks ago.

They sold their top player Golovin for €30mil to monaco last summer...didnt perform as well as vlasic and a year older.

Id be disappointed if we let him go cheaply

Truly amazing how much attention Vlasic gets from fans here and everywhere else given how little he has done for the club. Seems more like you are placing a lot of hope (and whatever other hopes and desires you want to project onto him).

I think there's maybe a long term future for Vlasic still, he definitely fits into the mold of the type of player that Brands said he wants at the club (young, not high wages that we're aware of, still have potential). It's up to Vlasic to fight for his spot in the club this summer.

CSKA dont have money, or at least they didnt last summer which is why they put together a bunch of kids and have outperformed low expectations...

Vlasic was meant to be the star player...a loanee.

At least thats what i read a couple of weeks ago.

They sold their top player Golovin for €30mil to monaco last summer...didnt perform as well as vlasic and a year older.

Id be disappointed if we let him go cheaply

We won’t, those days are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.