2021/22 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having only 1 left back at the club, including the academy, is shambolic planning. Nothing anyone says will convince me otherwise.
So all the teams in all age groups from U-18’s upwards play without a left back? I find that very hard to believe.

It isn’t shambolic. He was a free signing when Baines retired. However, he is inexperienced to the point where the managers can’t pick him at LB in the PL so it is pointless keeping him. He needs experience and he is not getting it here.

What we probably need is an older journeyman free signing as cheap cover while Nkounkou gets his experience.
Having Delph as a back up left back is shambolic planning in my opinion.

So all the teams in all age groups from U-18’s upwards play without a left back? I find that very hard to believe.

Considering how bad I am at shouts.

The fella you’ve quoted Ive seen 9-10 times over the past week making absolutely shocking calls.

Don’t take any notice.

It isn’t shambolic. He was a free signing when Baines retired. However, he is inexperienced to the point where the managers can’t pick him at LB in the PL so it is pointless keeping him. He needs experience and he is not getting it here.

What we probably need is an older journeyman free signing as cheap cover while Nkounkou gets his experience.
You’re right but the fact we don’t have that journeyman free transfer is shambolic. Sending nkounkou out on loan is probably the right thing to do but not having any left back cover is shambolic and ridiculous I mean we’re about to go into a second season with a right footed centre half as our second choice left back that’s awful planning however you look at it.

Are we sure his best position is fullback?

Godfrey is probably a better LB than Niels at this moment in time. Let the kid go play 35 games in Belgium.

Are we sure his best position is fullback?

Godfrey is probably a better LB than Niels at this moment in time. Let the kid go play 35 games in Belgium.
Until he goes and plays some games he will never develop and we will lose him on a free. If he develops, we may get to use him or maybe get a fee.

Wasting on our bench does nothing for him or us.

Godfrey probably shouldn't be a LB in anything but an emergency
Played well there last year. Different manager. Different set up. I appreciate that. But he’s defensively sound and has pace for days. Just can’t whip a ball into the box and I recognize that’s important with this current set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.