Confirmed Signing Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any divvy with cash to spend...and we know that this club has had plnety of cash and plenty of divvies who've parted with it.

Let's wait and see on Nkounkou and Branthwaite before declaring them a success for the person responsible for bringing them in.

He was also on a free...you're gonna' have a hard time with this one if it goes well. :whip:

Alcaraz. Mcgeady. given he was a brilliant manager, and even he got it spectacularly wrong (there are many more examples), I’d say it’s a higher Calibre than ‘any old divvy’, wouldn’t you agree?
You have to take a man's signings in the round. Martinez bought players cheap and tried to get a tune out of them; his biggest spend was on a goal machine, and he helped give us a profit in player trading under Martinez. Will we ever be able to say the same about Brands? I highly doubt it.

No. Just like my commendation for Brands on signing Digne, I'll give credit.

As said, credit where it's due. There's not much credit in the Brands account though is there?

Massive deposit right here.

giphy.gif

Anyone think he could possibly end up a left winger? I know we've only seen a couple of games from him but I think he has all the attributes to develop to play there.

You have to take a man's signings in the round. Martinez bought players cheap and tried to get a tune out of them; his biggest spend was on a goal machine, and he helped give us a profit in player trading under Martinez. Will we ever be able to say the same about Brands? I highly doubt it.

McCarthy, Niasse, Funes Mori, Kone, Besic, Robles and McGeady etc he was not skint at the time and we lost about the profit of Lukaku from the sale of these players.

The only good signings were Lukaku and Barry. Not counting Holgate in as he was in the youth set-up.

McCarthy, Niasse, Funes Mori, Kone, Besic, Robles and McGeady etc he was not skint at the time and we lost about the profit of Lukaku from the sale of these players.

The only good signings were Lukaku and Barry. Not counting Holgate in as he was in the youth set-up.
£5M for Kone, £4M for Besic, £4M for Robles, £2M for McGeady?

Come on, we all know Silva practically put him on a plane to England.

Hes at the top of the food chain, whether you like it or not, his is the final word on any signing.

All of the credit, all of the blame, that's how it works.

Under Walsh there were grey areas, but Brands is the Don.

That doesn't mean he wont take suggestions from the manager and his scouting team.

I mean take this Niels fella, somebody will have brought him to Brands, but its up to Brands to pull the trigger.

This Silva signed him bull is getting quite tiresome.

Not even arsed about getting a back up left back now. We should be giving Niels the chance to be in and around the squad, playing in the League Cup games this month.

If he doesn't play well in those, we have time after them to get another left back in as cover.

No. Just like my commendation for Brands on signing Digne, I'll give credit.

As said, credit where it's due. There's not much credit in the Brands account though is there?

I wish I knew who scouts/approves/sanctions these individual incomings to say who deserves credit...it'd be nice to know, as a little peace of mind wouldn't go amiss. I'm worn down with all the club-wide worry, over the years...I'd like to be able to spend some time just observing progress, like yourself. That's the goal, anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.