• My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still be looking at Benitez to be honest

@Woolly Blue told me on Saturday that he's been speaking with Kopites who are genuinely worried that he might come here because they think he'd kick us on

Amazed that with some of the names linked that you’d still be advocating for the ex-Kopite Rafael. I think he’d do a half decent job but I just don’t want him when we’re allegedly courting Ancelotti, Jardím, Gallardo etc. It’s not even close.

Is that also a no for Pereira and Bordalas or Jardim?
I don't know much about Bordalas to comment.
Jardim is under a bit of pressure at Monaco atm ( which is where Moshiri resides so will know about it) and although a very good coach maybe a bit quiet for what we need.
Periera is certainly a character and passionate to boot ( when he was in Portugal opposition fans hated him)
But there maybe Q marks as to why he would want to manage in Saudi or China ( I mean besides receiving £30 million a year )

There was an article in the Echo in relation to the Frankfurt and Gladbach managers and their style of play. Reading it, I'd say their style of get it up the pitch quick rather than the tippy tappy we've had over the last 6 years would suit our club better. Obviosuly these managers aren't available, but if we could look for a manager to fit into our philosophy rather than us having to be pigeon holed into theirs (and thus having to re-shape squads over years of transfer windows), it would suit us better in the long term.

They have literally just found their old list haven't they.

Beats Kenwright's list that he's been holding on to for years.

3ivrb3
3ivrb3.jpg

Emery, not for me.
When you are buying David Louis to tighten up a weak defence, questions have to be asked.
He was lucky he had the forwards he did or they’d have been even worse off.

Think if we beat United then we appoint a big name like Carlo or Emery. We’ll be safe (obviously not but into 12th or so) and Moshiri will feel more comfortable appointing a long term manager going into January and a better stretch of games. If we lose and other results go against us I can see a bit of a firefighter until the end of the season and then go from there.

I’d be shocked if Emery didn’t take it if he was one of the names asked about it, will be desperate to right the wrongs of Arsenal and prove himself as a manager as his stock will be at an all time low. I’d take 8th or 9th at this point with a long term manager in place and having him properly evaluate the squad. Always tough for a manager to come in and judge who he wants and doesn’t in a pre season due to fitness and lack of competitive games.

Think anyone coming in, especially if they’re foreign, will promote Dunc to an assistant given the reaction he got from the players and fans too. They’ll see that as a great bridge between the manager and players. Sort of like Sarri did with Zola at Chelsea.
Both of them would be disastrous

Emery, not for me.
When you are buying David Louis to tighten up a weak defence, questions have to be asked.
He was lucky he had the forwards he did or they’d have been even worse off.

....I’m not keen myself, but not sure if Arsenal have a DoF, if they do then Emery might’ve had little to do with transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.