• My choice isnt here, you really suck at polls

Votes: 161 15.8%
  • Lamborghini Gallardo

Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of them would be disastrous
Two of the best managers in the world the last 5 years would be disastrous? If every manager was judged on the ending of their last job then I suppose Mourinho wouldn’t have been good enough for us either, despite just going to Spurs. Poch also not good enough too.

We were just in the relegation zone. The fact that we’re even linked with the likes of managers of Ancelotti and Emery is unbelievable. If they’re not good enough then who is? I would say be realistic but the fact that either of these, as well as others like ten Hag have been linked too, is madness. They’re all so far above where we are now and if we got any of them we should be ecstatic. They’re all Champions League level managers regardless of what you or anyone else thinks. We are not a Champions League team. That’s just the simple truth of it.

I hope all these reports of so many different potential managers is just media driven and not truly reflective of what is going on with the decision makers. I have no issue with considering a bunch of options, but they had to know a change was likely for weeks before it happened and I would like to believe they had already reduced the field substantially before they pulled the trigger on the firing. With a new name and new favorite every day, I feel this will not end well.

There's no guarantee whoever we appoint, so it's a bit academic to be honest. I've been reflecting on what criteria a manager needs to satisfy in order to be judged the best candidate and then looking at how some of our previous appointments would fare under it. Sometimes what might seem as a decent candidate doesn't work even though he fits some of that criteria.

This is what I was working on (in my boredom). Tell me what you think?

[big personality] + [practical short and long term plans] + [history of success] + [fans trust] = best manager

In terms of managerial appointments in the past 20 years, our best was probably Moyes (who did progress the club towards European competitions and developed some youth players with some shrewd buys, was a hungry, big personality I thought - he only failed in terms of achieving success). Now I understand fans wanted change and felt Moyes had taken the club as far as he could when he left anyway for Man Utd. Would judge him our best appointment though.

Martinez (not sure if he was a big personality to be honest, he was a bit soft - although a likeable guy - had won an FA cup with Wigan although they were also relegated, fans initial confidence in this appointment ebbed away because the results and performances were poor). That said Martinez would appear to tick some of the boxes, so success is not a guarantee either if we include cup competitions. Maybe we should judge success only in terms of the league performances and there has to be a real hunger for success which Martinez did not have. Was a failure.

Allardyce (was a big personality and obviously achieved his short term targets, took us to 8th I think, but did not have the fans onboard). Possibly the second best appointment.

Koeman (had a fairly good reputation when coming here, fans were initially very supportive, Koeman had performed well-ish with Southampton and certainly made them lots of money with sales to the team across the park, but his long term plan here was a disaster and his transfer dealings terrible. Previous success? not sure. Winning personality - not evident).

Silva ... no personality at all. Recruitment also poor. Success?

I feel like someone will be appointed this week but dunc will take charge of the utd game and the new manager will takeover as of next week. Makes the most sense to me.

Simeone plays an organised 4-4-2 , Now that would be perfect... But yes I agree , someone who knows the players and the capabilities and can adapt to the opposition and also has passion and understands the club.
Someone’s 442 also limits the team. They possess no real pace with Koke and Saul out wide but are accommodated by a league that allows them to do so. They also are one of the slowest progressing teams in Europe the lines move like a freight train. Since arriving to Atletico the team has stopped producing the most promising attacking in the world and have stagnated Joao Felix, Lemar, and Correa. He also doesn’t emphasize youth like Brands does with the only player making more than 2 appearances this season that is 24 or younger is Joao Felix.

Slow progressing, defense first, no attention to youth. That’s a hard NO. He doesn’t play to win he plays not to lose.

Two of the best managers in the world the last 5 years would be disastrous? If every manager was judged on the ending of their last job then I suppose Mourinho wouldn’t have been good enough for us either, despite just going to Spurs. Poch also not good enough too.

We were just in the relegation zone. The fact that we’re even linked with the likes of managers of Ancelotti and Emery is unbelievable. If they’re not good enough then who is? I would say be realistic but the fact that either of these, as well as others like ten Hag have been linked too, is madness. They’re all so far above where we are now and if we got any of them we should be ecstatic. They’re all Champions League level managers regardless of what you or anyone else thinks. We are not a Champions League team. That’s just the simple truth of it.
'Two of the best managers in the world'
Tell that to Napoli and Arsenal fans atm.. see what responses you get.
Certainly in Ancelottis case ( who hasn't won in the last 9 btw) he has had amongst his previous teams some of the best football players in the world.
Can he Motivate far less talented players who have relegation hanging over them, instill passion and belief in them to scrap and win every ball? I'm not so sure of that.
Yes his CV is amongst the best there's no denying that but in the circumstances we're in I don't think he would be a good fit.
Besides Gallardo another manager who I do think may be a good fit and who we could prise away would be Jesse March at RB Salzburg.
They play Liverpool tomorrow and have a chance of eliminating them.
Let's see how he does against the Champions League holders.

We are being linked by betting sites,hardly realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.