Votes: 57 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WE NEED SOMEONE WITH PREMIER LEAGUE EXPERIENCE

do we though?

our last 4 managers had premier league experience and have all been sacked

a good coach will be able to coach in any league

I agree to a certain extent, but there are expectations in this league, in this club, in our culture that foreign coaches may not be used to, understand or struggle with - particularly if they don't speak English. The culture of the game in England is different which is why I think the personality is so important for. Getting the fans onside with the managers vision is really important. The long term vision also must include developing younger players. This is the best way to progress up the league and provides a sound, sustainable, financial plan for the future (even if you sell them). Foreign coaches may not want that kind of long-term plan, may prefer seasoned players that speak their language etc, so their are issues to consider when appointing foreign coaches that have done elsewhere.

I know many reds for example that were really unhappy when Benitez went there are started buying lots of Spanish players, but he would probably have argued that he didn't know the English market well enough to risk buying English players. Just as Mourinho and Guardiola do not like playing young players (they don't need to risk that when they can buy whoever they want), they always prefer seasoned pros over young players.

I agree to a certain extent, but there are expectations in this league, in this club, in our culture that foreign coaches may not be used to, understand or struggle with - particularly if they don't speak English. The culture of the game in England is different which is why I think the personality is so important for. Getting the fans onside with the managers vision is really important. The long term vision also must include developing younger players. This is the best way to progress up the league and provides a sound, sustainable, financial plan for the future (even if you sell them). Foreign coaches may not want that kind of long-term plan, may prefer seasoned players that speak their language etc, so their are issues to consider when appointing foreign coaches that have done elsewhere.

I know many reds for example that were really unhappy when Benitez went there are started buying lots of Spanish players, but he would probably have argued that he didn't know the English market well enough to risk buying English players. Just as Mourinho and Guardiola do not like playing young players (they don't need to risk that when they can buy whoever they want), they always prefer seasoned pros over young players.

I just think any manager whatsoever is a risk though

can reel off countless managers who have come to league and done well from the off in their first season

Two of the best managers in the world the last 5 years would be disastrous? If every manager was judged on the ending of their last job then I suppose Mourinho wouldn’t have been good enough for us either, despite just going to Spurs. Poch also not good enough too.

We were just in the relegation zone. The fact that we’re even linked with the likes of managers of Ancelotti and Emery is unbelievable. If they’re not good enough then who is? I would say be realistic but the fact that either of these, as well as others like ten Hag have been linked too, is madness. They’re all so far above where we are now and if we got any of them we should be ecstatic. They’re all Champions League level managers regardless of what you or anyone else thinks. We are not a Champions League team. That’s just the simple truth of it.
And who should we be trying for then?

Have you noticed a lot of the managers on our 4 man shortlist (that's growing by the day?) Is from sky.

I believe noone knows anything about a new manager right now and sky are pushing stories to help their betting site.

Status
Not open for further replies.