Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although De Boer and Koeman seem a good option. I think we need to be a little more smarter. One thing JM will bring is an winning mentality to the squad and the club. Bottom line is all fans want trophies and success, and I think he is the one manager that you could argue guarantees that. Even if it's only short term, 2 or 3 years. I think to push on we have to start getting some silverware back to goodison again.

Although De Boer and Koeman seem a good option. I think we need to be a little more smarter. One thing JM will bring is an winning mentality to the squad and the club. Bottom line is all fans want trophies and success, and I think he is the one manager that you could argue guarantees that. Even if it's only short term, 2 or 3 years. I think to push on we have to start getting some silverware back to goodison again.
It is worth noting that Mourihno did so much damage to Chelsea this season he was dismissed before Martinez and Chelsea only finished one place ahead of us in the league!

It is worth noting that Mourihno did so much damage to Chelsea this season he was dismissed before Martinez and Chelsea only finished one place ahead of us in the league!

and in the 2 years prior he won a cup and a league, yeah think i would settle for a similar 3 year record at us mate

Completely disagree mate about SKY being credible - having a betteing arm attached to the same company that runs the sotories about things they are allwoing bets to be placed upon is the very antisis of being impartial for one, for another here is a very recent example of the level of their journalism quality

the recent stuff about Koeman staying at Southampton.

this is how Sky sports reported the story

He said: "I am manager of Southampton, everyone knows I have one more year of my contract. I got asked the same question last week. We will sit together and analyse this season and talk about the future. That's what the news is."

Asked if he would be staying, Koeman stated: "Yes."

This is what was 'ACTUALLY' said during the itnerview - in the correct order and not abridged aftyer they 'YES'

Asked if his future was at Southampton, Koeman replied: “Yes. I did not expect this question. After this morning, I was surprised. [I can tell you] nothing, because I am the manager of Southampton. Everybody knows I have one year left on my contract and we will sit together and analyse this season and we will talk about the future and that is what the news is today”, the Saints’ boss said.

looking at the way it was reported and what was actually said, you can see how it has been spun and altered - including the order he stated things to give it an entirely different context to the way it actually sounds when you read/listen to it unedited. The very height of tabloid red top calibre journalism.
That's not entirely correct though, after the exchange you've accurately described the next question asked him quite clearly if that meant his future was staying at Southampton and he said "Yes"

That's not entirely correct though, after the exchange you've accurately described the next question asked him quite clearly if that meant his future was staying at Southampton and he said "Yes"

trying to find the actual interview mate not habving luick atm though, either way still think it was reported with a serious slant and a bit of editing by the rags though

Could check for myself but to lazy. How has Ajax faired in Europe under de Boer?

Awfully.

They drew 2-2 with Celtic (effing Celtic) earlier in the season. De Boer in his PMI said that Celtic "parked 2 buses" despite both teams scoring 2 goals, and his team seemed to be sticking to the same old philosophy for the whole 90 minutes.

Ronald De Boer says Frank has a " Similar philosophy to Martinez "

No thanks then

Could have a similar philosophy to Martinez doesnt means he's the same as Martinez! Ive read something on him a few weeks ago about how he plays in a similar way to Martinez but his team uses the ball better. They are also instructed not to be scared to lose possesion but are expected to regain it in a set time something like 3/4 seconds. Something Martinez was never really fussed about.
Also said that he prefers a 4-3-3 but he is flexible with his formations and adapts to opponents again something Martinez was reluctant to do, only negative they said was that they were unsure how he'd adapt to English football.
Worth the gamble for me, he's learned his trade and is ready for this chance for me!

image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.