Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people seem to think that Jose is going to ruin our good academy setup etc, but think of this scenario:

1. Jose joins
  2. Our stars sign new deals (Rom, Ross, Stones)
  3. The deadwood leave with the end of their contracts
  4. Jose is given £100m to spend on the level of player he's always worked with i.e. The best in Europe
  5. Moshiri gives the Kiev owner the middle finger and tells him to put Yarmolenko up his arse because we bought James Rodriguez instead
  6. Niasse becomes amazing and we win the league
Dream big :cheers:

1 - would be marvellous
2, 3 & 4 - would be equally marvellous
5 - why not Yarmolenko and Rodriguez if Jose thought he could make both work well
6 - would be a most amazing cherry on the league title cake

Tbf to Jose there not many mangers who play kids. Pochettino is the only one in the premiership who is doing it. LVG as well but he was forced due to injuries.

Which is why Frank is popular as he will play the younger one.
Frank was forced to though as they don't have the transfer kitty to do anything else. Be interesting to see if he has a balance when given funds.

I got laughed at for suggesting we were interested in Koeman and FDB the other day (not by Kopites, West Ham, Arsenal and united fans).

Why would they go to Everton?

Couple of bad seasons and now we are on par with the likes of Southampton and West Ham? As if.

Look, nobody is dissing the size of the club.

But it would do us all a bit of good to realise that, objectively speaking from another fans' p.o.v, we are currently viewed as that 'quality' of side. Not the size of the club, anybody with a bit of sense knows that Everton are a huge club, but quality wise then we are in with the teams you named, at the moment and, in fact, Southampton and West Ham have both out performed us.

Koeman getting top six shows what a good manager he is.

But it would do us all a bit of good to realise that, objectively speaking from another fans' p.o.v, we are currently viewed as that 'quality' of side. Not the size of the club, anybody with a bit of sense knows that Everton are a huge club, but quality wise then we are in with the teams you named, at the moment and, in fact, Southampton and West Ham have both out performed us.

I am sorry but getting top six once does not count as evidence of a great manager
I remember a manager 3 seasons ago who took his team to top 5 and then dragged then down over the next two seasons .... Now what was that chap called ??? Errr mmmm ahh yes Martinez

I am sorry but getting top six once does not count as evidence of a great manager
I remember a manager 3 seasons ago who took his team to top 5 and then dragged then down over the next two seasons .... Now what was that chap called ??? Errr mmmm ahh yes Martinez

No it doesn't. I should have been more clear, he got 7th last year in his first season there after the club was gutted of all it's prozed players bar one. Then again, after the same happening last summer, he improves on that points total and gets 5th (though if Utd draw at least vs Bournemouth that becomes 6th).

Obviously, the first choice should be Mourinho and even if he turns us down (which is more likely) then there's no harm done.

There's Pellegrini as well but for me, if we're wanting a manager with a now proven track record in the PL who has a proven record of bringing through younger players and utilising what he has available to him extremely well, then Koeman is the man.

I would be happy with Koeman. He's done a marvellous job at Southampton and isn't getting enough credit for it in my opinion. He's purchased decent replacements for his squad after having the spine of it ripped out and has, quite frankly, exceeded expectations at Southampton. I think his Prem experience gives him the edge over De Boer.

Pellegrini would also be a very good choice. So would Jose. I would take both of them over De Boer. But what a change in our circumstances, to be looking at Frank De Boer as a potential manager and thinking "There's at least viable two options out there who are arguably better choices... and maybe, just maybe we could get Jose."

I'm not disagreeing. I made the same point a few days ago on here I think.

I was making the point that football fans are fickle. 2 bad seasons and our stock has apparently fallen again.

I don't live in the north west so I see it first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.