Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jose doesn't play kids beacause he won't risk his reputation on them. He always been under pressure to win straightaway so kids go out of the window.

Stones, Barkley and lukaku are not babies anymore. They could be hisTerry, lampard and drogba.
It the kids like tom Davis who might struggle to start under Jose.

He would have had a better average if he started in november and it would be more than 0.2 per game.

With better squads he was won things (with RS Champions League, with Chelsea the Europa League). With our current squad he would get us into that top 6 and challenge for the top 4.

His record of trophies wins speaks for itself
First comment is complete supposition. It's just as likely that the increase would have been less, since the "new manager effect" has a more noticeable effect statistically when averaged over a smaller number of games.

He's won things at clubs, yes. When he hasn't been sacked or otherwise left within a year of appointment, which he's done a frankly astonishing number of times.

He's a manager on the wane.

To say nothing of the fact that (and the majority of Evertonians) have absolutely no desire to bring in a manager who would spend the whole time wishing he was in charge of the shower across the park.

Whoever the next manager is, I would hazard we'll never see such an unfit squad as we've witnessed these past couple of seasons.

Further, but related, there's one or two who are carrying too much 'extra padding'.

Wigatonisation MUST be reversed....and I'm 100% confident it will.

The fitness thing has been doing my head in. I think that's why we've seen so many mistakes this season. Like lapses in concentration. I think fitness has had a lot to do with it.

Tbf to Jose there not many mangers who play kids. Pochettino is the only one in the premiership who is doing it. LVG as well but he was forced due to injuries.

Which is why Frank is popular as he will play the younger one.

Got laughed at the other day from a red when I said some talks have taken place with jose,why would he join everton he said,wouldn't it be great if we got him and shut everybody the [Poor language removed] up.

Got laughed at the other day from a red when I said some talks have taken place with jose,why would he join everton he said,wouldn't it be great if we got him and shut everybody the [Poor language removed] up.

I got laughed at for suggesting we were interested in Koeman and FDB the other day (not by Kopites, West Ham, Arsenal and united fans).

Why would they go to Everton?

Couple of bad seasons and now we are on par with the likes of Southampton and West Ham? As if.

I know the talk on Pelegrini has quietened in the frenzy over Jose and koeman but after listening to the players respect and liking for him at City after the final game AND the fact that he puts this seasons "failure "(one trophy .. Champions league semi and champions league qualification)down the the club basically flattening the spirit and focus of the team when they announced the arrival of Pep at the end of the season half way through a campaign that city were cruising through at the top
Also his pure class at not mentioning anything about that until after the last ball was kicked this season
I am changing my mind to think he would be a wonderful guy to settle the ship and relaunch OUR GREAT CLUB
COYB

I know the talk on Pelegrini has quietened in the frenzy over Jose and koeman but after listening to the players respect and liking for him at City after the final game AND the fact that he puts this seasons "failure "(one trophy .. Champions league semi and champions league qualification)down the the club basically flattening the spirit and focus of the team when they announced the arrival of Pep at the end of the season half way through a campaign that city were cruising through at the top
Also his pure class at not mentioning anything about that until after the last ball was kicked this season
I am changing my mind to think he would be a wonderful guy to settle the ship and relaunch OUR GREAT CLUB
COYB

I do think he's not getting the respect he deserves. Did very well before city and wasn't treated too well at city. Plenty have said he didn't really even have control over transfers.

Jose is by far the best choice but I like Pellegrini.

It's amazing how many blinkered fans of other teams don't even realise we have a new billionaire majority shareholder... Thanks to our media

I think I am like most most and would love to see Jose as our new manager but being realistic I would not mind DeBoer Pelligrini or Koeman. What I think we really need is to get the right person in position ASAP. But as we know it can take time.

COYB
I think you'll be happy then..

Status
Not open for further replies.