Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what worries me about De Boer, is he just another 'type' of Martinez. Has an attractive style but no Plan B?

The next manager has to be totally adaptable.

He's more about build up play around the midfield leading to 2v1s on the flanks, he's more wedded to a 4-3-3 but he has played a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 when the times called it. Think a mix of Van Gaalian collectivism with emphasis on individuals on the wings, all with higher pressing and more vertical passing. Like Martinez without the tippy tally recycling of possession in every phase of play.

He's more about build up play around the midfield leading to 2v1s on the flanks, he's more wedded to a 4-3-3 but he has played a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 when the times called it. Think a mix of Van Gaalian collectivism with emphasis on individuals on the wings, all with higher pressing and more vertical passing. Like Martinez without the tippy tally recycling of possession in every phase of play.

That's a relief if he comes

Be arsed with another 2 seasons of stand off tippy tappy crap

Awfully.

They drew 2-2 with Celtic (effing Celtic) earlier in the season. De Boer in his PMI said that Celtic "parked 2 buses" despite both teams scoring 2 goals, and his team seemed to be sticking to the same old philosophy for the whole 90 minutes.
He has had more than just last season in Europe, he has finished 3rd in the champions league groups each time he has managed Ajax in it (this was considered relatively successful by the Ajax fans) beating man city and Barcelona.
Not that I think his European record is anything to shout home about but has done more than draw 2-2 with Celtic, and he did win the away game 2-3 against them and beating Celtic away in Europe is something even barcelona have struggled with.

He has had more than just last season in Europe, he has finished 3rd in the champions league groups each time he has managed Ajax in it (this was considered relatively successful by the Ajax fans) beating man city and Barcelona.
Not that I think his European record is anything to shout home about but has done more than draw 2-2 with Celtic, and he did win the away game 2-3 against them and beating Celtic away in Europe is something even barcelona have struggled with.

How did he do in the Uefa cup after dropping out the CL stage mate?

Loaded question btw

...the bookies still clearly haven't got a clue who's coming in. De Boer remains favourite, Mourinho's odds are shortening (12-1 in a place but generally 10-1 and lower). Notice Unsworths odds contracted from 40-1 yesterday to 25-1 today, clearly on the back of our win.

It wasnt mate, I watched it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36293459

Your telling us you future is staying here

"Yes"

Was going of a transcript i read mate hadn't seen the vid till now, yeah he does answer 'YES' but it is at the second time of asking having gone into a very much more detailed answer about the saem question earleir, one which very few media outlets actually bothered including as it didn't fit the narrative of the story they wished to tell.

Watching a full conference, can honestly say that any article that ran with that being a commitment by him tom Southampton is reporting it the way they want to see it, non commital at best would be my take on it - and this is someone who hoped we don't get him really

Ronald de Boer kept talking about his brother managing a PL Club and even mentioning Everton. A deal could be closed.

For most fans, Mourinho is always the priority though.

Pelligrini will be like a father figure to the younger players and an elder brother to the older players.Good record..... and won't spit his dummies out of the pram.We have to be pragmatic about this....... he has steadier hands to move us forward....... I think it is the right move ...if we go for him........... He will get what Everton is....... the Special one won't.For those of you .... who say he is too old...... tell that to the Leicester fans.Just my humble opinion.

It would be the funniest, most ironic thing in Everton history when de Boer comes here after so many fans calling for him and he almost gets us relegated in his first season.

No, really. Stop these silly shouts or we'll all look very dumb when we're calling for his head within months.

Status
Not open for further replies.