Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelligrini is a shocking shout

Won the Prem largely down to Liverpool imploding with 3 games to go and has now just got 4th by the skin of his teeth with the most expensively assembled squad in Premier league history

He's utter mince and some of his signings have been shocking
Like I said...... just my humble opinion..... of which I think I am entitled to.He doesn't by the players btw .... the DoF DOES.

Won the Prem largely down to Liverpool imploding with 3 games to go and has now just got 4th by the skin of his teeth with the most expensively assembled squad in Premier league history

Which is why mancini (Winning the league with the last kick of the season) is an even worse one. He too spent plenty £££Millions

City are one of the only other teams in the Prem I don't mind watching.
Their main spine has been either injured or out of form this year, and then they broke the Guardiola news in Feb.
I liked the way Pellegrini handled the Joe Hart out of form situation a few years back and think he came back into the team having benefitted from being dropped. I'd be happy with him at Everton.

I'm not a big fan of the way any of Mourinho's teams play to be honest. But if its Everton getting 90th minute winners then maybe I wouldn't mind.
My fear is Everton would suddenly be all about him - and if he didn't succeed straight away - it would be Everton's fault, not Mourinho's. Then the next boss after Mourinho would have an even bigger job to do.

I agree there is a balance to be struck between giving youngsters gametime and room to make mistakes with keeping up the overall quality of the squad.

Just feel that Jose has shown so little interest in some very good young players in recent times ( eg De Bruyne) that the balance would result in almost none of our promising crop getting a look in. Like you, I want to see Kenny be Coleman's backup next season and think there would be no chance if Jose was our manager.

Have a similar reservation about Pellegrini and youth players tbh and Koeman's record hasn't been great either despite S'ton having a good academy.

I'm not sure how much control Pellegrini had over signings at City. Also they were in contention until it was clear the Guardiola was coming in this summer. I think he would be a good manager for Everton - I think he is of a higher calibre to most of the realistic candidates out there to be honest, certainly would prefer him to De Boer. It would be a shame to miss out on someone like that whilst wasting time being used as leverage for another job by Mourinho tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.