Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports have becoming increasingly sensationalist over the years but I still think they're still more credible than most.

As I keep saying, I think Everton are a closed shop these days. Moshiri when the world was saying Americans done, Niasse, Martinez sacked daily for well over a month and so on. Very little that they don't want getting out, gets out.

We have to give them credit for that and consider it when we're refreshing every few minutes scrambling for news.

The Mourinho not being approached comes as no surprise to me as I mentioned last week. I hoped my source was wrong but it seems not.

When we appointed Martinez it was on the 5th of June. It'd be great to have it done by then, however I can see us being without a manager until the start of July this time as a few of our options seem to be hanging on other jobs as well.

Sky Sports have becoming increasingly sensationalist over the years but I still think they're still more credible than most.

As I keep saying, I think Everton are a closed shop these days. Moshiri when the world was saying Americans done, Niasse, Martinez sacked daily for well over a month and so on. Very little that they don't want getting out, gets out.

We have to give them credit for that and consider it when we're refreshing every few minutes scrambling for news.

Completely disagree mate about SKY being credible - having a betteing arm attached to the same company that runs the sotories about things they are allwoing bets to be placed upon is the very antisis of being impartial for one, for another here is a very recent example of the level of their journalism quality

the recent stuff about Koeman staying at Southampton.

this is how Sky sports reported the story

He said: "I am manager of Southampton, everyone knows I have one more year of my contract. I got asked the same question last week. We will sit together and analyse this season and talk about the future. That's what the news is."

Asked if he would be staying, Koeman stated: "Yes."

This is what was 'ACTUALLY' said during the itnerview - in the correct order and not abridged aftyer they 'YES'

Asked if his future was at Southampton, Koeman replied: “Yes. I did not expect this question. After this morning, I was surprised. [I can tell you] nothing, because I am the manager of Southampton. Everybody knows I have one year left on my contract and we will sit together and analyse this season and we will talk about the future and that is what the news is today”, the Saints’ boss said.

looking at the way it was reported and what was actually said, you can see how it has been spun and altered - including the order he stated things to give it an entirely different context to the way it actually sounds when you read/listen to it unedited. The very height of tabloid red top calibre journalism.

When we appointed Martinez it was on the 5th of June. It'd be great to have it done by then, however I can see us being without a manager until the start of July this time as a few of our options seem to be hanging on other jobs as well.

We can't afford to be mate.

With the Euros on, it has to speed up the process.

Completely disagree mate about SKY being credible

Note the bold/enlarged text;

- having a betteing arm attached to the same company that runs the sotories about things they are allwoing bets to be placed upon is the very antisis of being impartial for one, for another here is a very recent example of the level of their journalism quality

I know mate. 2014;

upload_2016-5-16_10-21-49.png

Laughing at their "Speculation is not what causes the odds to drop. Bets may be taken due to reports that would affect odds however"

Status
Not open for further replies.