Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't afford to be mate.

With the Euros on, it has to speed up the process.

I think we'll need United to act fast one way or another on LVG, and then if that goes wrong for us, how quickly things pan out with Koeman at Southampton. United were pretty swift binning Moyes when it came, but it seems there's a lot more political stuff going on with next United appointment, so it may drag.

The Mourinho not being approached comes as no surprise to me as I mentioned last week. I hoped my source was wrong but it seems not.
My best guess is that the Esk is accurate in that there has been contact with Mourinho. Mourinho had this leaked yesterday to use it to leverage Utd. This potentially damaged our pursuit of Koeman who was supposed to be our number one target so Everton have counter leaked that we didn't approach Mourinho (according to the Esk Mourinho approached us). Very skeptical of the chances of Mourinho coming and hoping this hasn't damaged the chances of getting Koeman.

First comment is complete supposition. It's just as likely that the increase would have been less, since the "new manager effect" has a more noticeable effect statistically when averaged over a smaller number of games.

He's won things at clubs, yes. When he hasn't been sacked or otherwise left within a year of appointment, which he's done a frankly astonishing number of times.

He's a manager on the wane.

To say nothing of the fact that (and the majority of Evertonians) have absolutely no desire to bring in a manager who would spend the whole time wishing he was in charge of the shower across the park.

The other thing is he couldn't inspire a win on what should have been the banker match of his tenure..

Failure to beat Villa lifted all the pressure off Sunderland.

We need a manager who will encourage the sort of play we saw today OK last game nothing to win or lose The whole team looked as if a weight was off their shoulders .. Davies, Connolly, Kenny (a real defender) Dowell, Pennington have to be in our new manager's vision Enjoyed the game hoping for better times ahead and a return to NSNO Dream On !!
Funny how football works - I remember similar comments on here about weights lifted from shoulders as the Martinez reign began.
Fingers crossed for the future.

My best guess is that the Esk is accurate in that there has been contact with Mourinho. Mourinho had this leaked yesterday to use it to leverage Utd. This potentially damaged our pursuit of Koeman who was supposed to be our number one target so Everton have counter leaked that we didn't approach Mourinho (according to the Esk Mourinho approached us). Very skeptical of the chances of Mourinho coming and hoping this hasn't damaged the chances of getting Koeman.

Ffs I want Jose. :(

Solanke played like 1 game for 20 min or something. He (along with most of Chelsea youth) is in Vitesse now, isn't he? Probably doing well...
Yeah I think him, Brown and Baker are at Vitesse. Season in the Dutch league is probably not the worst thing for them at their age. A lot of good young players come out of that league.

Note the bold/enlarged text;

I know mate. 2014;

View attachment 23028

Laughing at their "Speculation is not what causes the odds to drop. Bets may be taken due to reports that would affect odds however"

Yeah reminiscient of an interview with a journalist once i saw when he was insisting that newspaper coverage during an election has no influence on how people vote - although it may get them to alter their opinion when presented with certain issues we highlight - as he said

Anyway off topic slightly, but until i see it as breaking news on SKY then i honestly regard it as about as valid as something appearing in the star or express really

Too many conspiracy theories!!! I don't think we have approached him, the club have identified the top candidates with reports we have opened negotiations with Frank De Boer, I fully expect him to be unveiled before the EURO`s take place and after he has finished his Ajax duties...

Too many conspiracy theories!!! I don't think we have approached him, the club have identified the top candidates with reports we have opened negotiations with Frank De Boer, I fully expect him to be unveiled before the EURO`s take place and after he has finished his Ajax duties...

...think he finishes them tomorrow mate.

Plausible deniability. Neither Mourinho's side or Everton will admit to contact.

On Mourinho's side, he's waiting to see what happens with United. He respects our club but United is his first choice, fair play to him. He'll stay silent.

On Everton's side, Moshiri is doing whatever he can to bring him here. If he doesn't get him he'll move on to the next target. And stay silent.

That's the way I see it. Ignore Sky and the Echo or other outlets. The landscape has changed they just haven't adapted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.