Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ok with it actually and I do want Everton to be at the very top of the game. Jose would be wild, a lot of fun but maybe not long term. Koeman can build a platform, there's likely a DoF as well. He'd make us competitive pretty quickly, you are right about the old guard's ambition but Moshiri goes way beyond that and it's his call.
Would Pellegrini be an option for DoF ?. It certainly would send out a very strong signal.

Cg-HBHXWIAAwQ5s.jpg

Koeman offers us Heitinga and Sammy Lee

Frank offers us Dennis Bergkamp and Jaap Stam.

/waits for a million people telling me Bergkamp and Stam are staying.
Bergkamp and Stam are staying. . . . .

I'd say Koeman is in a better league of manager than Martinez. I don't get the clamour for De Boer as the league he has had success in is a weak league. Like others have said, Pellegrini has not done amazingly given the money he has had and I just can't see Mourinho being interested.

All other suggestions would also be massive gambles as they have no Premier League experience. I think Koeman is the perfect candidate and the fact the board are allegedly going for him when they'd have to pay compensation, rather than go for De Boer who is free, makes me think they have thought a fair bit about the next move.

Time will tell.

Agree with all this. Find it funny how people go on about FDB being a winner - didn't Koeman win the Eredivisie with 2 different clubs if I'm not mistaken? It was a while ago, but the Dutch league was arguably stronger back then. Also did well at Benfica despite not winning the league, it was a very strong Porto side back then and he took them to the quarter finals of the CL - defeating the RS on the way.

Valencia seems to have been a bit of a disaster, but there's very few managers who haven't had a bad experience at some point in their careers, plus they still won the cup somehow.

I think Koeman is the perfect candidate and the fact the board are allegedly going for him when they'd have to pay compensation, rather than go for De Boer who is free, makes me think they have thought a fair bit about the next move.

Time will tell.

I also think Koeman would be great. But if we went for De Boer we'd also have to pay Ajax compensation if they pushed for it.

Emery has outperformed expectations (with exception of his time in Russia) at every club he's managed over the last 10 years. He took over from Koeman's disastrous time at Valencia, got the players back on side, outperformed his results and kept Valencia in top 3 with a negative spend of -£63 million. Koeman's record before he came to the premier league was average, he's never outperformed expectations at any of his previous clubs. Emery is only 44 and has plenty of time to improve further. I'd take him over Koeman every day of the week.

I wonder what made the Saints go for Koeman. Didn't Pochettino get sacked from Espanyol and he was a free agent who the Saints took a punt on? He hasnt turned out too bad has he. Whoever chooses the Saints managers seems to have a decent eye as Koeman I would say has done a decent job there past couple of seasons.

Not saying I want Koeman and he would just about scrape into my top 5 barrel but maybe he ain't so crazy an option.

I don't know mate, I'm chatting crap after such a day like today lol

I don't think it'll be Koeman, but there are levels of Jedi-esque ITKism going on on here that suggest it will be. So, if it is him, who can we expect as signings? I'd like him to bring Wanyama with him.

Koeman would be a great manager to build the foundations of this new start under Moshiri. People call him safe but more than anything he's adaptable, seems to be a very good coach and has a fairly consistent record in the transfer market. A wise head who can gain the trust and respect of this group of players is vital, especially as many could very easily become disillusioned with the seemingly inevitable loss of Lukaku/Stones.

Said this previously but De Boer has been panned by the few Dutch mates I've spoken to over the last few weeks, his football is seemingly dour and he's struggled majorly to bring on some of their better young players (Fischer etc.).

Sometimes the sensible choice is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.