Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this.

I reckon even Mourinho would struggle to get he current squad into the top 4. So it has to be a bloke who is good at spending cash and to be fair Koeman seems ok to good at that. Doesn't buy too many duds.

have any Saints fans down your way mate heard that we may be after him and if so what are they saying?

You know what, bar Mourinho (who won't happen), then the only manager who I think would be 'exciting' would be Rafael. I mean I don't want him, but it'd be dead funny and a bit mad...

But no, Koeman for me. Whoever we get though, I'll get behind.

I understand that Moshiri and Koeman seem to like each other a great deal...
I just hope part of the reason he is first choice is not his experience in losing his best players & rebuilding I understand it was always going to be difficult to keep rom & stones but hopefully moshiri/Koeman can convince them to stay.

I understand that Moshiri and Koeman seem to like each other a great deal...

I hope Mr Moshiri doesn't like his assistant. He's supposed to be a decent bloke, but I hated him as a player and can't forget the picture of him and Roy Hodgson as Batman and Robin at the pit.

See Bobby......why put ourselves in a position that we have to pick from the B list of managers,
I'd say Koeman is in a better league of manager than Martinez. I don't get the clamour for De Boer as the league he has had success in is a weak league. Like others have said, Pellegrini has not done amazingly given the money he has had and I just can't see Mourinho being interested.

All other suggestions would also be massive gambles as they have no Premier League experience. I think Koeman is the perfect candidate and the fact the board are allegedly going for him when they'd have to pay compensation, rather than go for De Boer who is free, makes me think they have thought a fair bit about the next move.

Time will tell.

Ok people, the way that I see it, we're not getting Mourinho or Pellegrini, the the club as a whole are an absolute shambles and these are not the managers to sort that out, if anything with their hyper inflated ego's (Jose) they would make it worse. As boring as it sounds we need to rebuild a foundation, we're not getting top 4 next season even with £100M spend.

As boring and unexciting as it sounds we need to re-establish ourselves as a top 6 team before we can launch an attack on the top 4.

The managers appointment here is huge because this is a long term project not a 2 year spunk all our money on a bid for top 4.

Progressive building in the right way, I'm going to get abuse for this but Moyes had the right idea, he just didn't have the ability to go up another level i.e top 4. We need someone who can do that.

Mourinho or Pellegrini can do the top 4 bit, but I don't think they can do the bit that comes before it.

I guess i am a bit of a lone voice in not wanting Koeman, but that's fair enough i'll probably be wrong.

His record for southampton doesn't impress me at all, tbh, and i don't think he'd be anywhere near 6th if the league wasnt so bad this year.

he's only won 13 more games than he has lost, and his goal difference isn't amazing either.

Cg-HBHXWIAAwQ5s.jpg

Koeman offers us Heitinga and Sammy Lee

Frank offers us Dennis Bergkamp and Jaap Stam.

/waits for a million people telling me Bergkamp and Stam are staying.

If he does, well he wouldn't be the first person to cross the Park - even though Lee is to say the least far from popular among blues....
If he is good at his job I dont care .
I want somebody who really wants to be here and win something more than anything.
If koeman isnt really that sure of coming I wouldn't ask him more than once , that goes for all the others as well.

Emery has outperformed expectations (with exception of his time in Russia) at every club he's managed over the last 10 years. He took over from Koeman's disastrous time at Valencia, got the players back on side, outperformed his results and kept Valencia in top 3 with a negative spend of -£63 million. Koeman's record before he came to the premier league was average, he's never outperformed expectations at any of his previous clubs. Emery is only 44 and has plenty of time to improve further. I'd take him over Koeman every day of the week.

Emery is great, he's proved that.

Then again, he's also had his fall outs and clashes and his failures.

How the hell are people saying that appointing Koeman would be showing the same ambition as we always have under Kenwright? Are you having a laugh? Kenwright appointed a manager who'd just been RELEGATED, and the other was from Preston North End.

Without Moshiri the highest we'd be aiming is Mark Hughes make no mistake. It's already clear the impact Moshiri is having.

Status
Not open for further replies.