Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last word from me tonight on this Koeman link.
He is wrong for us.
His assistant manager is wrong for us
The board endorsing this new management team would be ignoring our wishes and it,s ambition is at best a 6th place trophy with a cup run in us.
We blow millions on average players
We will blow millions on an average manager
He will be out of the club at the end of his contract.
Vault it and good night.
Ok wow...All that vitriol and no mention of Fat head...Ginger or fat, round & bounces on the ground.
I'm impressed;)

I'm going to preface this reply with the fact that I definitely do not want Benitez anywhere near our club.

Newcastle are currently managed by a champions league winner who's previous job was Real Madrid. Shouldn't we be able to attract a similar calibre manager?

It all comes down to perspective. Newcastle were desperate, Benitez was desperate. He has been a joke for the last 6-7 years. Failed at Inter, failed at Napoli, failed at Real Madrid, and can now add relegation with Newcastle to his CV. I wouldn't want a "big name" manager who is currently washed up even if he won the the CL, World Cup, Euros, whatever years and years ago. It's about the now. The present.

whoever we get, it would be nice for us all to chat after a game about our team putting in a performance and looking like a team. That type of conversation has been so rare the past few months.

Hopefully Sunday that's what we can do and hopefully we get the ball rolling on our new manager sooner rather than later. Lot of work needs to be done and a lot of crap needs shovelling out of our club.

May go down as the biggest "come and get me" since the woman in the apartment across from mine slipped a love letter under my door a few years back. :D

The fact Mourinho has approached us and de Boer is getting his brother and agent to flatter us certainly suggests one thing: whatever Moshiri is offering must be pretty impressive.

it just feels to me that people are ok with koeman just because he's better than martinez 9(which isnt hard)

someone genuinely tell me why he is the man to take everton forward, to become a proper force in the league and europe

Why has he failed at a similar club like valencia?

why was he so poor in europe this season?

what good points would he actually bring to everton.

I want to be convinced.

Whoever it is , it needs to be done quickly.
A lot of transfers are going to be done quickly after the end of the season because of the Euros.
We need to give the new manager as much time as possible to buy and sell.

The life of an Evertonian. Would make a brilliant movie hey folks?

We go from despair to hope to euphoria to losing hope to total despair faster than you can say the word Everton FFS.

Ok, so yesterday was the end of our world, today, hope and excitement with a little apprehension lingering in the back of all our minds.

I'm as negative and realistic as the next person when it comes to Everton, you have to be with our track record. But I'm also a person who looks on the bright side of things and I am the eternal optimist. Things have happened to me in my life that make me believe that - 2 major personal events that at the time were devastating to me, tuned my life around for the better and a well paid job and a beautiful wife and two wonderful young sons are the direct results of those to terrible moments in my life.

Plus I've been an Evertonian all my life, watching and cheering the blues on from afar (USA) since 1995. I was a season ticket holder from 1981-1994. I'm 47 now. See my second sentence above - that has happened to me 100's of times :confused:

So I have hope - We have Moshiri, we have money, we have a vacant managers position with lets face it a pool of options that DO NOT ALWAYS present themselves when you are looking to replace a manager of a football club. Its quite amazing the talent that is available right now. Some better than others, Jose, Benitez, Koeman, DeBoer, Bielsa, Favre, Pelligrini, Cocu, Howe, Karanka - jeez guys if we get any one of those its surely a MASSIVE upgrade over the last two managers we have had. And yes, they will have more money to spend. Surely we can be positive and excited about what is around the corner.

Yes, Everton do this to us all the time, they offer us false hope. Some of those names I wouldn't want, Benitez while obviously a good manager (he won the CL with a less than average team and Jerzy F****** Dudek in goal FFS!) he is exe Red and has just been relegated so not for me thanks. Pelligrini and Howe I'm not so fussed on, but would take ANY of the others.

Like I said, I'm an optimist, but this is how I think our next twelve months will pan out.

1) We get a really decent manager form a strong pool of options VERY SOON, possibly in place within the next couple of weeks.
2) He brings with him a forward thinking and a tactically and technically sound backroom staff
3) He has money to spend from Moshiri, the sale of players (I really think we should cash in on Rom as much as I like him) and the new TV deal - a revamp of the squad is forthcoming

Now, what I also think will happen:

4) Kenwright stands down and Moshir becomes outright owner.
5) Goodison upgrade or new stadium announcement.

You can all laugh at me if you like - but this just feels like its all possible to me. Now that Martinez is out, this is the FRESHEST and MOST IMPORTANT new start and couple of weeks in the history of our amazing club.

My prediction next year, if all goes well I see us finishing in the top 6 or 7. Small steps folks, that's better than the last two years. After that, I really believe its onwards and upwards for us, we deserve it for crying out loud :)

Peace. COYB. FTRS.

Got me a movie?
Also, are you Rog's happy alter ego?

Koeman has failed spectacularly in 3 of his 8 jobs, and some of his transfers have been decidedly moody to say the least. Also, it's a myth he has had no money to spend, he spent a small fortune down there when the RS overpaid for half their team. He is an upgrade but not many names wouldn't be. I don't like the thought of him in the transfer market, he would be an underwhelming appointment.

Ah Everton, you can't let me enjoy the good news for long can you.

Status
Not open for further replies.