Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely right. We haven't been successful for over 20 years. We can change that with an appointment like Mourinho and an injection of cash for new players. Manchester City weren't successful, now they are. Everything changed for them - why not us? I'm not saying we are going to fork out half a billion on players, i'm simply saying we'll be better off now than before. The fact Moshiri stated that wages won't be an issue to bring players in points towards the calibre of player he wants.

The right managerial appointment and organisation/training/fitness/absolute dogged willingness wins pots. We have none of these at the minute, we need somebody who's been there - done that, not Eddie frigging Howe.

Exceptional young players? YEP. How much would Barkley go for in the current market? Stones? Lukaku? Even Deulofeu? This is the spine of a title winning team given the right coaching.

How do you know Mourinho has been courted by Man Utd? Man Utd may have been courted by Mourinho in the vain hope of landing the job. By all accounts Utd's hierarchy don't want/like him so where else can he go if he's hellbent on staying in England? You are right though, if they want him they will get him. Obviously. I'm saying we are a VIABLE option to him and one which could come off.
I think the chances are slim. When was the last time Mourinho undertook a major rebuilding exercise? Porto? A club like us are not his spec.

Even if they win the cup and qualify for CL, United have under achieved. The fans are unhappy, particularly with their style of play and they've had a number of seasons of poor performance (under two different managers). They know they need to get it right soon. They know Mourinho could get any job he wants, they know if he takes another job they'll have to wait another couple of years. He's available now and their manager is under achieving.

It'll happen in the summer whatever happens to United this season.

I think the chances are slim. When was the last time Mourinho undertook a major rebuilding exercise? Porto? A club like us are not his spec.

Even if they win the cup and qualify for CL, United have under achieved. The fans are unhappy, particularly with their style of play and they've had a number of seasons of poor performance (under two different managers). They know they need to get it right soon. They know Mourinho could get any job he wants, they know if he takes another job they'll have to wait another couple of years. He's available now and their manager is under achieving.

Absolutely mate - the chances are slim - but the chance is there. 5000/1 Leicester to win the league? i'd have bet on Mourinho taking over at us over that.

I don't believe Utd have underachieved this season if they qualify for the CL and win the cup - Bare minimum to keep his position maybe. If anyone was going to take over at Utd i'd say it would be Laurent Blanc not Mourinho. I think Utd will swerve him purely for the baggage he brings with him.

I genuinely dont think Utd would want Mourhino? His football isnt exactly breathtaking is it? If the UTd fans ar sick of Van Gaal, i cant see them being happy with Jose's 'one goal is enough' mindset?

If we got Koeman. Wouldnt de boer just go to soton?
Maybe, but Koeman has proven himself in this league, only Leicester have got more points this year than Soton, pretty impressive that.

Koeman had a wobble early on in the season, then came back in style, something Martinez was incapable of doing.

United have had so many opportunities to bag Mourinho, but consistently fail to do so. They don't appear to be interested. I think they'd need a REALLY compelling reason to go for him. If they win the FA Cup and finish in the top 4, that reason doesn't exist.

upload_2016-5-9_13-32-22.png

upload_2016-5-9_13-31-33.png

Updated March 2016* numbers being thrown around at Jose earning around 15M

Its AMAZING that RM is so high up???

Names not even appearing in the top 20

Biesla
de Boer

Emery shipped three goals in the last 11 minutes to lose against the team in 16th yesterday. De Boer bottled it against a nearly-relegated team to throw the title. Even Simeone got dispatched 2-1 by a relegated team to dump himself out of the title race. That's just this weekend.

Guess what I'm saying is pretty much everyone has blots on their copybooks and you don't have to look too hard to find them. For me it's much more about whether their style and qualities suit Everton than what they've won or lost. Much harder to quantify though is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.