Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the fact other teams fans are hating on us right now. When was the last time we muscled in on another premierleague club to take someone we want? I genuinely can't remember a time we unsettled a player from another team before forcing them to sell like United, The Sh*te or City do... Maybe Yakubu from Boro but normally we sign players that are for sale and we don't upset anyone. I like that we're throwing our weight around.

Pienaar, Gibson, Osman, Hibbert, Howard, McGeady, Kone possibly all leaving.....we need a lot of players!!

Agree that we shouldnt prioritise quantity over quality but we still need a deep enough squad and all of those players will need to be replaced even if theyre not first teamers

How many 90 minutes did those lot get all season though? The kids can play the minutes they used up last season easily. Still need some squad players but not tons.

Bill has no influence over these decisions anymore, believe me.
This is perhaps the most important peice of information you have posted. Bill might well have had moyes or one of the usual merry go round premier league crowd.
We now have a bit of ambition and drive. Good times ahead.

On the Saints forum a fair few were whinging about his way of dealing with the youth players. Aside from Targett (only had Bertrand so necessity) and Harrison Reed I don't remember seeing any of their promising academy. Granted lots were out on loan.

I hope he keep Unsworth/Royle around and he gives the kids chances otherwise I'll be very disappointed. If they're better than some of the players in our squad now they need minutes regardless of their age.

On the Saints forum a fair few were whinging about his way of dealing with the youth players. Aside from Targett (only had Bertrand so necessity) and Harrison Reed I don't remember seeing any of their promising academy. Granted lots were out on loan.

I hope he keep Unsworth/Royle around and he gives the kids chances otherwise I'll be very disappointed. If they're better than some of the players in our squad now they need minutes regardless of their age.

It's not about that mate.

We have promising players like Davies and Dowell coming through and that's brilliant, but Koeman's main job is to get the young players that are already in our team (Stones, Barkley, Del, Rom (probably 2 of these will go, I know)), to perform to the best of their abilities.

I'm loving the fact other teams fans are hating on us right now. When was the last time we muscled in on another premierleague club to take someone we want? I genuinely can't remember a time we unsettled a player from another team before forcing them to sell like United, The Sh*te or City do... Maybe Yakubu from Boro but normally we sign players that are for sale and we don't upset anyone. I like that we're throwing our weight around.

Stones maybe? Baines? Jags?
Nevertheless, Its not something to be happy about if your then gonna bitch and moan if and when Rom leaves us for say, Chelsea or Tottenham.....

We received permission from Southampton to speak to him directly after the season end.

Re the contractual issues outstanding I am not that close to it to tell you.

Great news mate. Thanks for the updates; they've been the only thing keeping me sane! I do have one question though - I know you've already stated that there's work to do on the DoF appointment, but is there genuine interest in Monchi?

I'm pleased with Koeman (although would have preferred Emery) but feel that Monchi is the appointment that could truly make us great again. Get him in place and we can build a dynasty, changing high quality managers as needed down the years!

Apologies if you've already answered this elsewhere but I can't keep up with the pace of this thread. I feel like Gareth Barry marking Usain Bolt with my internet speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.