Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna get a copyright on 'THE PEOPLESHH CLUB's'

Can't wait for BILL's first words...

'Yes...RON had me when he said he intended booting OUMAR NIASSE as far over the fence as he could possibly get him. And when he said he was happy for ROM to sit in the reserves for the remainder of his contract...well, I just knew...'

Hasnt he taken them from 8th to 6th?

couldnt it be argued that chelsea and us imploded for the past 2 seasons so hes kept them stable whilst others have shot down the league?

You could say that, but equally so no team has a right to finish above another. Though it's only a small improvement, he has taken them up a place each season, and each time broke their record points total. It's improvement, with limited resources.

Think we still need to be cautious, just seen a bbc south journalist spoke to his agent and described it as a "touchy situation", still an offer on the table from Southampton and that his hands are tied?

An opportunity to publicly thank you for more than a modicum of sobriety during the turmoil of the last few hectic days, Esk. Many thanks.

Although I bow to your superior knowledge in such matters, I can't help thinking that by making Koeman his primary target, Mr. Moshiri* was perhaps doing so at a price? Perhaps, even, a budget buy? I'm also concerned that the rumoured £100 K spend is a mere drop in the ocean for somebody with a new dawn planned for us?

Apologies for my 'negativity' but I am a little underwhelmed; certainly anticipated more.

*sorry, Chico.
100M is a lot of money and if/when Lukaku and Stones leave that may nearly double. That is an extraordinary amount of funds.
We have to be careful not to swamp the squad completely with new players.
If Lukaku and Stones leave they need to be replaced but other that that I don't think we will bring a huge number of players, just some very good players.

Sky Sports on it now saying we've approached Koeman so seems we're all a bit premature yet. £3m compensation + £7m p/year is a hefty wedge.

SSN are slow mate. We'll see what happens. It may not be done, but I'd imagine talks are pretty far progressed.

I think Shane long represents what koeman can bring to the to club.

A player designed to do a job rather than what we have just had which was expectation on one player only. Long is good at running about and bringing the team into the game, an option. Thst is something we haven't had for as long as i remember.

You're describing..er...Steven Naismith?

I also would have preffered Emery but I can see the logic as to why Koeman is the best man for the job. If you ask yourself what our real problem is, its defence. Koeman is far better defensively than Emery (IMO) and stabilising us at the back whilst honing what we have in attack is the key. As others have said, this is the the start of the journey and if our defence represents our starting point then Ron is the right man for the job.

£100m transfer budget is massive compared to what we're used to but it's not really all that if you consider this summers financial climate whereby West Ham are throwing £30m at a striker and getting pied off. People know we have money so I think £100m is getting us 3-4 quality players at a hug push.

Those doubting Koeman watch him here on MNF from 13mins on, he's a top manager in this league, he'll sort the defending, that's all we need.

I was all for Emery getting the job, but after watching this, I'm thinking this could be a good move for the blues, he comes across very well and he seems well respected by everyone, get that Monchi fella in and we'll win the lot!! COYB...

100M is a lot of money and if/when Lukaku and Stones leave that may nearly double. That is an extraordinary amount of funds.
We have to be careful not to swamp the squad completely with new players.
If Lukaku and Stones leave they need to be replaced but other that that I don't think we will bring a huge number of players, just some very good players.

Pienaar, Gibson, Osman, Hibbert, Howard, McGeady, Kone possibly all leaving.....we need a lot of players!!

Agree that we shouldnt prioritise quantity over quality but we still need a deep enough squad and all of those players will need to be replaced even if theyre not first teamers

Anyone know what Koeman's policy on promoting youth is?

Happy to play them if they're good enough.

Thing is, it's not the youngsters coming through - they will get the game time - but it's utilising the youngsters we have that are currently first-team players to the best of their ability.

I think Koeman will do this, and bring in a few quality players in their prime as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.