Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be in keeping with the way we do our transfer business, always loads of names and then boom Fellaini appears from nowhere.

Same initials, saving on training gear... sweet baby jesus why didnt we realise sooner

roberto-mancini.jpg

@The Esk Is Emery the number 1 choice now then, from the snippets am gathering, we have spoken to him, we have pitched our proposal, he has made some demands and now thinking it over?

I know you said we are being very efficient with this process, do you think we are being as aggressive as we could be in going after the targets? Do we have any indication what his demands would be?

This is what I said last night mate:

It is what it is. Contact, discussion, demands. We (Everton) decide whether to accept the terms and make an offer. Emery decides whether or not to accept.

We're at the point where we need to make the offer, which I believe is our intent.

I don't think we are being overly aggressive. If we want to dine at the top table we need to bring in the highest quality manager we can attract. By definition that means we will start at the top and work through candidates until we conclude a deal. That's where we are at with Emery. He's going to be expensive, but then you'd expect that.

If we want to win, we need a winner's mentality, which in sporting terms means aim for the very best and believe that that best can beat your competition.

I don't think we are being overly aggressive. If we want to dine at the top table we need to bring in the highest quality manager we can attract. By definition that means we will start at the top and work through candidates until we conclude a deal. That's where we are at with Emery. He's going to be expensive, but then you'd expect that.

If we want to win, we need a winner's mentality, which in sporting terms means aim for the very best and believe that that best can beat your competition.

Sound sorry i missed that - too many pages hahaha!

Totally agree if we want the best we have to pay - i don't think that would be a blocking point for us, unless it was a Mourinho type character with potentially £15m a year contracts!

I would presume the offer would come with confirmation of targets, budgets etc - as i presume Emery would have made some demands on that side of things.

Sound sorry i missed that - too many pages hahaha!

Totally agree if we want the best we have to pay - i don't think that would be a blocking point for us, unless it was a Mourinho type character with potentially £15m a year contracts!

I would presume the offer would come with confirmation of targets, budgets etc - as i presume Emery would have made some demands on that side of things.

I don't think his wages is high, but his buyout clause is most likely 8 digit

I don't think his wages is high, but his buyout clause is most likely 8 digit

Again mate, i would be shocked if thats that bad, i believe his contract runs out in 2017. He was mentioned to be on 1.26m euros a year, Martinez was on £3.5m+ a year.

We apparently where offering £6m a year to Koeman, reports right or wrong i would expect us to offer somewhere in that region to get a top class manager.

I think the crux of it will come down to 1) does he really have the desire to leave and manage us, 2) what has he asked for? Control? transfers? budgets? management team and 3) do we align on ambition.

Number 1 is the key for me, the rest i would say isn't a problem.

Appreciate the situation is fluid mate and fervently hope we get Emery over the line but how would you see things unfolding next week if he declines?
Is it a case of going back to another candidate already spoken to or begin the same process over with candidates who have more recently come into focus (if any, and no, not Moyes) They seem clearly unkeen on FDB/MP.

Is there anything of substance to Overmars coming in as DoF?

Thanks.

In terms of football wages, even if we make him a top earner (manager wise) it's still a relative pittance as he'd probably only be on about the same as Niasse. No reason whatsoever not to give who you believe to be the right man what he wants. Emery is a winner, we need a winner, we have to pay him accordingly. I'll be very, very disappointed if we play hardball and negotiate over silly things.

Appreciate the situation is fluid mate and fervently hope we get Emery over the line but how would you see things unfolding next week if he declines?
Is it a case of going back to another candidate already spoken to or begin the same process over with candidates who have more recently come into focus (if any, and no, not Moyes) They seem clearly unkeen on FDB/MP.

Is there anything of substance to Overmars coming in as DoF?

Thanks.

Sorry mate, that's as much as I know - heard whispers on Overmars but nothing I'd want to say I'm definite about.

Status
Not open for further replies.