Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 1 single newspaper has reported we met with Emery but they all know that Real have aparently told him to hold fire till after sat, complete load of hogwash. I think sky have got wind off us and Emery and made up a jarg rumour to try and stop it as we might mess up the sky 5 which there all drolling over

Sky 5 ?, surely it will have to be the Sky 8 to fit in the RS or the Sky Top 10 if they want to include Chelsea......

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I haven't the time to look through a days worth of pages in this thread.

Marc Overmars been linked with the DoF job. This will mean De Boer comes in then. I'll be happy with De Boer especially if he brings over some of his own staff.

Dont even know why I apologised.

I'd assume that it meant we're keen on De Boer, but it doesn't directly imply that. In terms of his back room staff I can't see Bergkamp coming to England unless it's for Arsenal. Although I don't know him on a personal level. But the DOF stuff isn't a given either

To summarise.
We have lost out on choices number 1 & 2. Mourinho as first choice was always an outside bet. Koeman as choice number 2. divided opinon between supporters. Some enthusiastic others , not so much.

We are onto choice no. 3.
I think it may be the difficulty in attracting Emery to England and to Everton which has prevented him from being first choice and of course his season finished after everybody else and the the Copa Del Rey and the Europa cup to deal with he was unlikey to give any thought to a new job.

It would appear now that Roberto Mancini may be choice no.4.
The post from SHORTY on NSNO yesterday confirms for me that he is being considered as his information was always very reliable.

I think Frank De Boer must be coming into consideration or maybe Cocu if we go past the first 4.

So I'm assuming that nothing has happened that we know about and we still haven't a clue who the manager will be........

Or Everton for that matter?

- 100m to spend on transfers
- Most exciting and followed league in the world
- Far higher salary
- Good chance of competing in Europe as with Sevilla
- Good chance of a new stadium

Not much reason not to join, aside from the CL shot with Sevilla.

Milan are a joke option compared to us.

Not 1 single newspaper has reported we met with Emery but they all know that Real have aparently told him to hold fire till after sat, complete load of hogwash. I think sky have got wind off us and Emery and made up a jarg rumour to try and stop it as we might mess up the sky 5 which there all drolling over

Which is odd considering several reported we planned to meet with him this week. There appear to be too many other things going on this week for the media to give this a ton of attention. But I'd say it's also because Moshiri and co. are doing a great job keeping things quiet.

To summarise.
We have lost out on choices number 1 & 2. Mourinho as first choice was always an outside bet. Koeman as choice number 2. divided opinon between supporters. Some enthusiastic others , not so much.

We are onto choice no. 3.
I think it may be the difficulty in attracting Emery to England and to Everton which has prevented him from being first choice and of course his season finished after everybody else and the the Copa Del Rey and the Europa cup to deal with he was unlikey to give any thought to a new job.

It would appear now that Roberto Mancini may be choice no.4.
The post from SHORTY on NSNO yesterday confirms for me that he is being considered as his information was always very reliable.

I think Frank De Boer must be coming into consideration or maybe Cocu if we go past the first 4.
It's like waiting at the cheese counter with one of those tickets, I saw Moist holding a ticket yesterday with the number 2568.

- 100m to spend on transfers
- Most exciting and followed league in the world
- Far higher salary
- Good chance of competing in Europe as with Sevilla
- Good chance of a new stadium

Not much reason not to join, aside from the CL shot with Sevilla.

Milan are a joke option compared to us.
All true.

My comment wasn't directed towards Milan. Sevilla, with CL football again next year, and the possibility of a coaching position at Real after that may work against a mid table, Europe-less Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.