Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know why de Boer hasn't been seriously considered... you would imagine we would have spoken to him and at least listened to what he has to say. Whether you think he's the right man or not he looks like a creditable candidate particularly if we are interested in Overmars as DOF.

Because he's won some titles in a tinpot league playing very dull football

Swerve

It doesn't feel as weird and crazy in here today.

Hoping for some random bomb of knowledge from Esk or this mole character to get Friday really started.

Does anyone know why de Boer hasn't been seriously considered... you would imagine we would have spoken to him and at least listened to what he has to say. Whether you think he's the right man or not he looks like a creditable candidate particularly if we are interested in Overmars as DOF.
It appears he's the back up candidate to RK and Emmery. I'd imagine the perception is that he has more negatives than them.
No prem experience or experience outside Holland. Very poor cup competion performance which is our best chance of silverware and perhaps most tellingly a tendency to play rigid possession footy like someone who recently departed.
Still I would hope he stays patient and remains available as if he and Pelligrini dissappear while we're waiting on others I'd imagine Moyes will be the last option choice.

Thing is mate - Watford just sacked their manager, had another one lined up. Liverpool sacked Rodgers, had Klopp lined up, United sacked LVG, had lined up Mourinho...you catch my drift?

Once again as in previous times, despite everybody proclaiming the new major shareholder as the second coming of Christ, we appear to be bumbling around like amateurs again - shall we just call it "typical Everton".

Thing is though, Mourinho wasn't in a job, Mazzarri wasn't in a job, and Klopp wasn't in a job.

Supposedly our 2 main targets are both managing clubs, so a lot more work involved to try and get them, not trying to cover for the board by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.