Next manager discussion (poll reset 21/05/2016)

Who would you want?

• Frank de Boer

Votes: 302 17.0%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 56 3.2%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

Votes: 152 8.6%
  • Ronald Koeman

Votes: 286 16.1%
  • Other (please state below)

Votes: 109 6.1%
  • Unai Emery

Votes: 870 49.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a paperboy back in the early 80s, and one of the people on my round was a man very, very close to the Everton board at the time. He knew I was an Evertonian and would often have a chat with me about football. The day Kendall was appointed, for the first time, this chap was in his garden when I arrived with the Echo. The back page had Philip Carter declaring something along the lines of "Kendall was our first and only choice." The man looked at the headline and said, "Funny that. We've been in touch with McMenemy, Saunders, and Robson, too." All sorts of things go on behind the scenes in every walk of life, and especially when key appointments are being made, and often the manoeuvres aren't revealed until years later. First choice isn't always the best choice. Being turned down by a manager or two doesn't necessarily mean disaster or shame. You can only be sure you've got the right man after the event. Whoever we appoint will arrive at a club with ambition, potential, and opportunity. It'll just be a matter of harnessing all the elements.
that's far too sensible a post for this forum, Geoff :)

Thing is mate - Watford just sacked their manager, had another one lined up. Liverpool sacked Rodgers, had Klopp lined up, United sacked LVG, had lined up Mourinho...you catch my drift?

Once again as in previous times, despite everybody proclaiming the new major shareholder as the second coming of Christ, we appear to be bumbling around like amateurs again - shall we just call it "typical Everton".

Don't go bringing the brutal truth in to this mess mate it wont end well.

It's wonderful that we have many ITK's

Those who have witz and itk infos shouldnt take it personally if someone is a tit because it is inevitable.

Most of peeps appreciate and quickly noticed real itks

Lads, just a general thing;

Whether you are ITK or not (I am not), we'd prefer it if you didn't keep having regular pops at each other for claiming to know/not know certain info.

If you see something questionable, please report it rather than taking it on.

Challenge things by all means, but do it in a polite way rather than what can sometimes appear to be antagonistic digs.

Thanks all.

I must say, if the club had intended to do this as quietly as possible they have completely succeeded. It might be frustrating for those who want all the info immediately, but the fact that pretty much nobody has any real sniff of what's going on is quite impressive.
The whole board is probably at Moshiri's secret island hideaway. Splashing round the pool and singing 'Tony Mowbray's blue and white army'.

Apologies if it's already been posted, but anyone else put off de Boer by his brother's constant commentary on how well he'd be suited to Everton? This morning I've woken up to find out that Frank will get the best out of Stones, does that mean he's taking over from Pep at Citeh?

Imagine the post match press conferences with his brother in tow, bring back bobby now.
Yes god forbid any of the candidates for the job actually express enthusiasm for EFC

m1mE284.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.