• Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two things from this thread for me:

1. The idea that we can attract the best of the "big name" managers in our current situation is laughable. They don't usually take big risks with teams outside the top few clubs in a given league. They would have too much to lose in joining a team struggling like we are right now.

2. The idea that managers like Eddie Howe aren't eligible because they've never won anything is also stupid. Pochettino has never won anything but I'd take him at our club in a heartbeat. On the other hand there are managers like Roberto Martinez who have won something but are utter frauds.

I want a smart, motivated manager who has the tactical nous to get something out of this team.

That's what you do when you don't want somebody, you fix the argument to suit your viewpoint.

If it's trophies that matter, let's go for Ranieri he's won one recently.

If we want to build a long term success within our budget, we need to build, he's not that type of manager in my opinion.

So you want long term success but trophies don't matter? I'd say, like most opinions regarding Benitez, there's a fair degree of inconsistency.

We want trophies, but not a trophy winning manager.

We want an experienced and successful manager, but not if he's managed Liverpool.

We should move now to get Ancelloti, but shouldn't even consider Benitez who has a comparable record.

Paulo Fonseca? Are you serious? He changed 8 teams within 10 years and he is even not handle a club in top 4 football leagues. FdB is an example of such managers who don't lead a club in top 4 football leagues, it is risky and lack of stringency.

But have you seen him though.

Who'd care about what was going on on the pitch when we could be watching him.

Moyes is an absolute no-go, and the Redknapp shouts are just ridiculous.

You don’t want someone like a big Sam, or a Pardew because we’re just not that type of revolving door club.

Yes we might end up in a relegation battle - but come January I’m confident Mosh will just spend his way out of this and actually get what we needed in August. It’s the only way to truly protect the investment to date.

Unsy in until December like that other fella said...

We need organising, theres enough in that squad to be competitive. Benitez would certainly get them playing much as it may annoy some people. I dont particulary like the fella but he should be under serious consideration and would accept the job tomorrow. It looks by far the safest option at present.

I refuse to believe anybody, even at Everton, is stupid enough to re-employ Moyes in any capacity.

I don’t think Benitez would come here. He’s a legend at them lot. I don’t think he’d throw that away to inherit this absolute mess.

Besides having blown 140m, having by far the worst defence in the league and no striker, there’s another reason why we are more firmly in the brown stuff than at anytime I can remember, and that is because the top man clearly has no judgment (certainly in football terms). Even when we get rid of this dreadful dreadful manager I have absolutely no confidence Moshiri will appoint well. This is a man as we know who prefers to communicate through Jim White.

Here, as well seem to be going "Full on Geordie"......here's a list of Newcastle's last managers.

Sam Allardyce
Nigel Pearson
Kevin Keegan
Joe Kinnear
Alan Shearer
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
John Carver
Steve McClaren
Rafael Benitez

I think Keegan, Carver, Pardew and Kinnear are all currently available....fill yer boots lads!

So you don't like Benitez and you don't think he would be successful here, but you'd have him here just to wind others up!!!! Priorities eh? Surely if you don't think he'd be successful, you wouldn't want him here. Strange thinking.

I know mate. That was kind of acknowledged in my original post. I'd happily have Benitez but for all the wrong reasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.