Votes: 91 9.3%
  • Silva

Votes: 283 29.0%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 30 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What you suggest is an amateur and unprofessional way to run what is supposed to be in theory a top PL football club.
The season has just got under way, if we choose to replace our current manager we clearly have enough time to appoint an experienced manager who we are convinced can do the job. We don't have to 'give a go ' to someone we aren't certain can do the job. If Unsworth fails between now and Christmas we will be in a far worse situation than we are at present.
So you reckon hiring RK and a DOF in Walsh has come up trumps then - here's the facts by the end of this month/ November we may just have the FACup competition to look forward to - by mid Jan we may have only had one away win if we hang on to RK?
Those are the scenarios - I am saying cut our losses pardon the pun - and replace him now we are already linked to outsiders all I suggest is keep inhouse for stability- the experience of Joe Royle our last trophy winnner with Unsworth is not as risky as keeping RK and his team in place and send the DOF packing too!

What you suggest is an amateur and unprofessional way to run what is supposed to be in theory a top PL football club.
The season has just got under way, if we choose to replace our current manager we clearly have enough time to appoint an experienced manager who we are convinced can do the job. We don't have to 'give a go ' to someone we aren't certain can do the job. If Unsworth fails between now and Christmas we will be in a far worse situation than we are at present.
Can it be any worse, my argument is about style of play, do you feel it can improve

giphy.gif

Tell me the last trophy he won in England please, plus what happened the last time he took over a team in the bottom half of a league and either kept them up, or won anything with that team.
I'm all for helping the environment, but picking a manager who doesn't have to travel far is not a key priority.
We need to build a team, not get a show pony who lives off the good work of others.
Technically, the last trophy he won in England was the Championship (at the first time of asking), prior to that the Europa league, before that the FA Cup and before that the Champions League.

How come when he wins stuff he's living off the good work of others but when Newcastle got relegated it was all his own work?

Technically, the last trophy he won in England was the Championship (at the first time of asking), prior to that the Europa league, before that the FA Cup and before that the Champions League.

How come when he wins stuff he's living off the good work of others but when Newcastle got relegated it was all his own work?

That's what you do when you don't want somebody, you fix the argument to suit your viewpoint.

If it's trophies that matter, let's go for Ranieri he's won one recently.

If we want to build a long term success within our budget, we need to build, he's not that type of manager in my opinion.

They are laughing about it now. However if he came here and did ok it would leave them very split. I don't want Benitez and think he is overrated (massively so by Kopites and Geordies) but for the pure humour of seeing hem have to adjust what they think if he does well would go some way to counter balance that. Can you imagine if Benitez won a trophy before Klopp? He's a proper odious excuse for a human being as well (as anyone who has met him will attest) and will say all sorts of things to wind them up if he came here.

I want Everton to be successful, which we wouldn't be under Benitez. But I'd fancy us to win a derby against Klopp and wind Kopites up, so not a bad second place.
99.999 % OF EVERYTHING YOU EVER POST IS ON THE NAIL.We would be a better club with him in charge.The man is proven to be a winner.He would be a better manager than anybody we have had since HOWARD .You can beg to differ all you like but I am right (IMO).This is no time for sentiment or rivalry.Make no mistake we are in an FFFING mess.He proved at Chelsea he can step in and turn things around even when the fans hated him.Let the man do his job and he will get an instant reaction wherever he manages.

Can it be any worse, my argument is about style of play, do you feel it can improve
My point was if we are in the relegation zone by Jan. we will be in a far worse situation than at present, and style of play will be immaterial and survival will feature uppermost.
Appointing new managers is always a gamble. I would prefer it to be an informed decision rather than a panicked long shot.

We won't go down, there's worse team than us. It would be a very sad day for this football club should Big Sam ever become our Manager. Our history, our traditions, to have that man as Manager, with his 'brand' of football? No thanks. We are The School of Science after all.
I hope you right

So you reckon hiring RK and a DOF in Walsh has come up trumps then - here's the facts by the end of this month/ November we may just have the FACup competition to look forward to - by mid Jan we may have only had one away win if we hang on to RK?
Those are the scenarios - I am saying cut our losses pardon the pun - and replace him now we are already linked to outsiders all I suggest is keep inhouse for stability- the experience of Joe Royle our last trophy winnner with Unsworth is not as risky as keeping RK and his team in place and send the DOF packing too!
Whether you like it or not Unsworth's lack of experience as well as his low stature in the game make him a massive risk , one I'd prefer not to take at this juncture.
As for Koeman he's currently inarguably failing. However he is undoubtably a better manager than he is showing. This is his team and I would give him a little longer to fix it . That's my opinion but I fully understand people calling for his head at the moment , that's the price of failure.
On the DoF , if you look at my posts yesterday I had lost my rag with Walsh mainly over his presumed role in not signing a striker. I have calmed down somewhat and on the whole I still think he has done well in sourcing and signing players and will , I think, do well in his role. I still would have preferred Monchi though.
If your argument is against having a DoF though I strongly disagree. A DoF has the responsibility for the entire football side of the club. Do you think the first team coach has time to worry about how well the U12's are doing? A modern day football club is a complex business and the first team manager needs to concentrate on the first team alone. Managers are ephemeral and will always come and go , the DoF should provide the stability on the football side. Also with the amount of managerial corruption in the game , I would prefer them kept at arms length from transfer dealings and their fingers out of the till.
I hope that answers all your queries. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.