Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried. Have been worried since Tapas was appointed, he has done us like a kipper.

We have some poor players, without a doubt, both in ability and attitude, we now have some more injuries that could do us.

Anyone else feel really sick?

I accepted relegation the moment we got Lampard.

But putting things into perspective, he's produced one of the best performances of the season and one of the worst, which was mostly down to injuries and not really his fault.

They've had weeks to prepare for this game, while Everton have had 3 days.

Pathetic Everton the way they are playing, our players must have quite a few escape clauses in their contracts. Braithwaite looks composed on the ball and Gordon had a go the rest have a good hard look at yourselves.

But tonight Newcastle have had there game of the season, we had one a while back against Arsenal and never built on it, let’s not worry about about them, they won’t play like this every week and I’m sure we will get much better in the coming weeks. Midfield needs to be worked on and I’m sure against Leeds that will be different, Lampard will have learnt a lot from this he isn’t a stubborn manager like Benitez is,
I wish I shared your optimism mate. This was the game that either showed us we had something we could build on after the Brentford win, or showed it up to be a fluke. It looks like the latter. I honestly don’t see how we get much better in the coming weeks.

Of course, I hope I’m wrong!!

I reckon we would have been alright if we went into halt time at 1-0. Conceding from the first attack after the restart was too costly, sucked the life out of us and the 2nd half was awful

Awful. Feared this would happen tbh. We just don't seem to manage two matches in 4 days. Turning up for 2 matches in 4 weeks is sort of beyond this bunch. And we are now stuck with them. Here's hoping that Coleman......Keane......Holgate......Gomes......Iwobi......can muster enough to keep us up. But I then don't want to see them at Everton next season.
The three mentioned defenders are useless. Gomes turns up.once every two months. Allen is far too slow. Iwobi although not blamed tonight , is useless. And other players also need to.be more consistant. Gordon needs to be consistant. Richarlson also. And Let's hope that our two new players are ready to feature. They need to make a difference.
Welcome to Everton Mr. Lampard. The Jyckel and hyde club of the PL.
So.next up is Leeds. Good luck to all. Think that we are going to need it.
Ps.......Townsend isn't a left wingback. But what can you do. On paper our team looked ok. But the same old frailties are still there.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.