Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The barcodes done the double over us last season, its fairly safe to say we owe these one....

Isnt the media weird, they are frapping themselves silly with Guimaraes who is likely to be playing in the Championship next season. Does 31 year old Trippier, 30 year old Wood, Matt Targett and Guimaraes who has never played in this league massively improve them? Just smacks of more of the same from the Barcodes, really want to see them down, did I mention that?
They will be disappointed they missed out on Lingard. They failed to add a high profile attacking player in the window. I do however feel the signings they have made have been sensible. Burn and Wood will be decent squad players if they stay up and upgrade their squad again in the summer. Target is only a loan. Guimareas comes with a decent reputation so might be one that that is good enough to start for them longer term. Trippier is decent, prem proven and a good experienced pro. They will survive comfortably I think. This will be a blow for us as they will quickly be able to move past us next season if they recruit well

Are they just taking one plane with all of them on like cheapskates or are they going there in individual planes like [Poor language removed] Dastardly and Mutley in their flying machines?

This game is a puzzle. So many imponderables, new players both sides, new or newish managers both sides, pressure cooker of a game in terms of the value of the points for both sides. I think Everton have the better squad at this point in time and Lampard has some decisions to make selection wise. Hopefully he will get it right but he has not had a lot of time to get a true measure of the squad so fingers crossed

I can't ever say with this group and particularly away from home that we "should" win.

I'd take a draw now. It's better for us than them. We can win the game, and our chances of doing so look a lot better than a fortnight ago, or even before the confidence gained from the weekend.

There will be goals in this. I can see something like 2-2.

The table is all over the place this year.

We win both games this week and there is still an outside chance of Europe, we lose and there is a real chance of relegation. After seeing the forward, front foot football Frank seemed to instil in 5 days, I am confident that we will be able to win games that we may well have drawn under previous managers who would prefer us to sit back and counter because we have seen with this team, if the defence sits back they make mistakes or get caught out.
No we are in trouble! Need to scrap for points

Ironic thing is the word knacker in Ireland is 100000% times worse than the c word.
Having worked in the Department of Agriculture for many years, there are licensed knackeries for disposal of fallen animals. However, to use it beyond that at individuals carries completely different connotations.

Status
Not open for further replies.