Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven’t been able to string 2 good performances together all season so I think tempering expectation is wise. I remember being confident before the Norwich game.

Weirdly I wasn't confident against Norwich and expected a loss, but I didn't think we'd lose to Villa. Consistency has been a big problem as you say. We've won twice since mid September.

Weirdly I wasn't confident against Norwich and expected a loss, but I didn't think we'd lose to Villa. Consistency has been a big problem as you say. We've won twice since mid September.

I understand the high of Saturday but it was a cup game, PL opposition or not they’re a complete anomaly to me. I cba with fans starting to think we’ll thump teams now, then we lose, then we complain about the manager all week.

I understand the high of Saturday but it was a cup game, PL opposition or not they’re a complete anomaly to me. I cba with fans starting to think we’ll thump teams now, then we lose, then we complain about the manager all week.

We could easily lose this game. I don't understand how people think we will go there and win easily. We've won 1 league game away all year, and they have been ok at home with lots of draws.

The table is all over the place this year.

We win both games this week and there is still an outside chance of Europe, we lose and there is a real chance of relegation. After seeing the forward, front foot football Frank seemed to instil in 5 days, I am confident that we will be able to win games that we may well have drawn under previous managers who would prefer us to sit back and counter because we have seen with this team, if the defence sits back they make mistakes or get caught out.

The advantage we have here (if you can call it that) is that we have new options with Dele and VdB available, which Newcastle could struggle to prepare for.

Either way, play like we did on Saturday and I'm confident we can win.

Bit nervous and excited about this one. Newcastle have a few signings to bed in but they have been away in Saudi which should mean they are well prepared and drilled for this game. Frank on the other hand will only be a week into the job. The weekend was amazing and he has brought a feel good factor back but the table doesn't lie, we've been awful for a long time.

I'd feel much more confident if it was at Goodison but going to go for a 2-1 win for the toffees!

Don't think we will be complaining about the manager if we lose. Noone expects us to win every game. And no game is easy. Certainly against other relegation threatened teams.

I fully believe lampard will get us enough wins to keep us up. The biggest thing will be the implementation of an actual game plan to try to win games from the outset.

Fully expecting and accepting there will be bumps.

We could easily lose this game. I don't understand how people think we will go there and win easily. We've won 1 league game away all year, and they have been ok at home with lots of draws.
Yeah I don’t think it’s an easy game at all. Telling that Lampard is trying to manage expectations a little bit. Still the team should be confident after Saturday. I’d take a draw to be honest and hope for a home win against Leeds.

Not so sure that the new lids should be thrown in from the start tbh. Wouldn't surprise me if we went unchanged from Brentford (just with Mina for Godfrey, obviously). Hard to drop any of them after Saturday unless there's fitness concerns.

Yeah I don’t think it’s an easy game at all. Telling that Lampard is trying to manage expectations a little bit. Still the team should be confident after Saturday. I’d take a draw to be honest and hope for a home win against Leeds.

I would snap your hand off for 4 points this week. But we need to keep calm whatever the result tomorrow. We are in a pretty bad position and yes it would be great to get a couple of wins quickly and relieve all the pressure. But that might not be that realistic with these players so we need to keep our heads if it does go wrong tomorrow, even though the table won't make nice reading.

I have a bit more confidence now that we can pick up home wins under Lampard, so hopefully that will be enough.

Would take a draw me.

They'll be on a high themselves with the new signings and have had a few weeks off to prepare. Just don't concede the first goal and we'll get something.

Mina for godfrey aside, has to be the same team as well.

Team changes for me, bit of rotation??, with a really good bench

Pickford
Pattersen Keane Mina Mykol
Gray Allan Gomes
Gordon Ali
Richarlison

Manager: Senor Lampard
Rotation?? No player...unless a strain has shown up after the fact...needs rotating after a good performance and win on the back of a fortnight off.
Maybe feed in 1 newguy from the bench on Tuesday, who starts Vs Leeds...all things being equal obvs...new guy number 2 starts from the bench, continuity maintained.
Then maybe look at Rotation on Monday morning.
Nothing succeeds like success
Just say no to The evil Tinkerman whispering in your ear Frank.

Status
Not open for further replies.