Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be one of the last interesting games bar the fa cup we have left. If we win and convincingly. Id say fears of relegation will be put to bed. But then that's job done for the season. As we are so far off Europe. Even if we had an amazing second half of the season we will still only finish midtable. Givin we are 18 points off Europe.

I would snap your hand off for 4 points this week. But we need to keep calm whatever the result tomorrow. We are in a pretty bad position and yes it would be great to get a couple of wins quickly and relieve all the pressure. But that might not be that realistic with these players so we need to keep our heads if it does go wrong tomorrow, even though the table won't make nice reading.

I have a bit more confidence now that we can pick up home wins under Lampard, so hopefully that will be enough.
6 wins and a few draws from 18 games should be doable one would hope. The form of the last few months has sapped my confidence a bit. Hopefully VdB or Dele can hit the ground running and add some quality. We need a Kev Campbell type impact from someone.

Think any talk of Europe is crazy. We’d need to be on title winning form for the rest of the season to have an outside chance.

This may be one of the last interesting games bar the fa cup we have left. If we win and convincingly. Id say fears of relegation will be put to bed. But then that's job done for the season. As we are so far off Europe. Even if we had an amazing second half of the season we will still only finish midtable. Givin we are 18 points off Europe.
We’d have to win the vast majority of our remaining games to get Europe. Agree that it’s not realistic at all.

Get safe. Finish mid table. Win FA Cup - Get Europe.
Give our saviour Frank a 5 year deal.
Bish bash bosh. :hayee:

Can't really see the league changing all that much, if I'm honest. 4th is 38pts, but 6th is 36pts, we're a long way back. It's 6 wins to catch up. At best we might finish with 50 points, which would be a solid effort but that's probably 10th.

Hoping we get a bit lucky and win the FA Cup and get in Europe that way.

6 wins and a few draws from 18 games should be doable one would hope. The form of the last few months has sapped my confidence a bit. Hopefully VdB or Dele can hit the ground running and add some quality. We need a Kev Campbell type impact from someone.

Think any talk of Europe is crazy. We’d need to be on title winning form for the rest of the season to have an outside chance.

We are 17 points off Spurs in 7th so I'm not sure why anyone is talking about europe!!

I think 5 wins will be enough to be honest, but 6 would definitely get us to a comfortable position. If we can put two wins back to back at any point then we are probably going to be fine. Ideally we get points this week though because I could do without the stress.

The league is also still a little bit messy and misleading. 3 of the 4 teams below us have played more matches and the 5 teams directly above have also played more games - Brentford have played 3 more as well. And Chelsea have played 5 more than Burnley, and was 6 before Saturday!!

We might not get a clearer picture until around April. If we get past Boreham Wood, the Watford game scheduled for 19 March will also be moved.

Massive massive game. I’d take a point now tbh then hopefully beat Leeds at home. The Norwich game had loss written all over it. Newcastle are poor and if we play to our potential we should win. Hopefully they are seeing us as a gimmie and it works against them.

Can’t let any momentum going to Newcastle. I’m more confident after the weekends result mainly due to the style played and all the players seemed confident & happy again & pretty much our best 11 are available. I also prefer that front 3 in games like this rather than starting DCL.

I certainly don’t think we will get Europe but a good run up the table would set us up nicely for next season.

So they Frank Lampard started with an impressive win against Brentford in the cup scoring 4 goals and playing some nice football on the front foot . But the real work starts now.
We are still in a relegation battle and need points quickly and this is the game to start getting them in. Against the horse punchers who have been spending money like a drunk uncle at last orders at a wedding.
View attachment 154996
We will enter the game with a bit of confidence after the cup win and will have Donny and Dele(sounds like 2 kids TV show presenters) available . Hopefully dcl will also feature.
Ben Godfrey looks like he will miss a bit of time though.
Contrary to what the forum crank says our away support here will be vital in what should be a noisy St James Park. A win here and our relegation fears will ease dramatically.
So come on blues boys into these horrible, Saudi led Geordie beauts and send them closer to oblivion.
UTFT.
i would suggest it's more a 'do not lose', than 'must win'. A point would be fine. Remember, they have new signings too, looking to make their mark. Their tails are up after a couple of good results.
don't get me wrong, a win would be great, but I would be happy with a 1-1.

We are 17 points off Spurs in 7th so I'm not sure why anyone is talking about europe!!

I think 5 wins will be enough to be honest, but 6 would definitely get us to a comfortable position. If we can put two wins back to back at any point then we are probably going to be fine. Ideally we get points this week though because I could do without the stress.
Don't think anyone is actually serious about Europe.

All about getting safe and giving Frank a platform to build on.

We have the quality to edge this, despite injuries.

Just need to be organised and full of fight
Need a display from DCL. Has looked miles off the pace since his return from admittedly, a long lay off. Been dominated in the air by Dan Burn v Brighton, Mings and Consa v Villa, and Grant Hanley v Narridge. Only he knows if he is not fit enough to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.