New Stadium Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merseyside Stadium. It's about time we took ownership over our region.
This has to be considered. It's sort of tied to this discussion about liver bird and all...lfc gets all the imago benefits of the beautiful city of Liverpool. With this stadium we will become equal...some scale balancing is in order. Merseyside Stadium would be fine name for our iconic stadium.

I think tying the name to something like the holy Trinity is too colloquial, if we arent simply going to call it Goodison Park then the Merseyside Stadium would do!

Goodison, just Goodison.

It's not Goodison though is it , we'll be leaving Goodison and leaving that place to history . A glorious history and some fantastic memories but we'll be leaving it behind , calling it Goodison just wouldn't feel right to me.

I think the stadium will end up being an Etihad or an Emirates equivalent, whatever the naming rights call it .

This has to be considered. It's sort of tied to this discussion about liver bird and all...lfc gets all the imago benefits of the beautiful city of Liverpool. With this stadium we will become equal...some scale balancing is in order. Merseyside Stadium would be fine name for our iconic stadium.

I agree with this completely.

Some people from abroad do not know where 'Everton' is, as it is hard to see on a map of the UK, being a district of Liverpool.

We are the senior club, but they took the name of the city. We need to show people where we are with the name and location of our new stadium.

I think it should be The Mersey Park Stadium. The surrounding roads and infrastructure should be named after famous players and landmarks. As supporters get off at Brantley Moore train station they should walk down Southall Road and onto Sheedy Way, passing the Toffee Tower that welcomes you on to the stadium waterfront and into the stadium with its stands named in honour of the holy trinity and Ronald Koeman who in the three years it takes to build the stadium leads us to the league and European glory.....

I agree with this completely.

Some people from abroad do not know where 'Everton' is, as it is hard to see on a map of the UK, being a district of Liverpool.

We are the senior club, but they took the name of the city. We need to show people where we are with the name and location of our new stadium.
100% this. People often say after this argument that 'who cares what other think, we and brits know where and what everton is'....but if we really want to match our ambitions that mentality has to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.