New Everton Stadium Discussion

I can't imagine we would buy the land without an actual stadium plan in place, and reassurances off the council that planning permission will be granted. It wouldn't make sense, or is that the usual way to do things.

The designs are there, and if Meis is to be believed they'll be revealed soon. Who knows if soon is today, this month or this year though.

So if that's all true I would expect the building will start about 12 months from now ?

I would expect the application to take around 6 months to actually get a decision as i suspect it will need to be referred to the secretary of state to determine whether he wishes to call in the application (and assuming he doesn't). Taking into account conditions i would be surprised if any works start before a further 3 months after planning permission is granted. If end 2017 is correct (which i very much doubt) then i wouldn't expect anything to happen till late summer.

I can't imagine we would buy the land without an actual stadium plan in place, and reassurances off the council that planning permission will be granted. It wouldn't make sense, or is that the usual way to do things.
We haven't bought the land. We've agreed a (confidential) price to purchase the land, and to actually purchase it after Planning Permission is granted.