New Everton Stadium Discussion

Pezzer (RAWK) I know you're reading. Tell that fat bell Solomon Grundy to issue an apology to the people of this City for his disgraceful remarks. Infact, you lot can make a banner when you come to a glorious new waterfront stadium

the skyline of our city (the one you visit every other week) will be changed forever, and right in the middle will be Everton F.C. Enjoy the view from your flatpack IKEA Stand

Spot on about Solomon. You can also let him know he's a cowardly rat who when sent a pm on here to discuss his comments never responded.

I'm pretty confident this will just be about buying the land. It's a good step forward that we shouldn't take for granted. It wasn't long ago that BMD was just a 'preffered site'.

Some fancy drawings of a fancy stadium would be nice tho.

Twitter's great at the minute, der mytee redmen are pretending to be buzzing that the announcement is only to buy the land.

What were they expecting? Fully scoped plans and a 3D rendering? Actually buying the land is a tick off the list, shows serious commitment and is a step towards actual, real planning, not releasing some mythical rendering like they did with that imaginary baseball stadium they unveiled a few years back.

Im assuming the press don't know yet that the council intend to guarantor us the loan for it? I'm assuming the press have been briefed solely on the land been bought with further details coming out tonight after the council meeting.

Think it would be damaging for the press to release news of a council backed stadium before the Mayor/club does.
If LCC are to be guarantor, fine. Is this based on anything other than conjecture though?
@GrandOldTeam more sawdust required for the server?

What were they expecting? Fully scoped plans and a 3D rendering? Actually buying the land is a tick off the list, shows serious commitment and is a step towards actual, real planning, not releasing some mythical rendering like they did with that imaginary baseball stadium they unveiled a few years back.
I can't imagine we would buy the land without an actual stadium plan in place, and reassurances off the council that planning permission will be granted. It wouldn't make sense, or is that the usual way to do things.