New Everton Stadium Discussion

article-2689703-1F94734100000578-425_964x602.jpg

I'll be disappointed if this is nothing more than an agreement in principle to purchase the land (based on securing the funding, planning permission etc). That would be "Everton That".

The kopite fume will see them mobilise into action and protest and somehow stop this from happening!

I want to see stadium architectural visualisations on the Liverpool waterfront, the finances and the project start date. Anything else will be a disappointment....

So if that's all true I would expect the building will start about 12 months from now ?
Best case scenario by mid 2018 I'd guess but there will be controversy to overcome if LCC are to take on substantial risk.
Having said that the council's support should help smooth planning approval.

I'll be disappointed if this is nothing more than an agreement in principle to purchase the land (based on securing the funding, planning permission etc). That would be "Everton That".

The kopite fume will see them mobilise into action and protest and somehow stop this from happening!

I want to see stadium architectural visualisations on the Liverpool waterfront, the finances and the project start date. Anything else will be a disappointment....
Nobody cares about you.

A few months ago we had nothing more than Bill's wistful recollections of how he drives past WHP every week. That apparently was a stadium plan. Anything that gets announced today is huge.

Do you think we can just click our fingers and get planning permission passed in a few hours?

The funding will presumably be discussed later today by Joe Anderson. Not suggesting you're a red for one minute, but this type of negativity is similar to the deluded views they have got in relation to failed moves in the past meaning that we could never ever possibly move Stadium in the future.