New Everton Stadium Discussion

Pezzer (RAWK) I know you're reading. Tell that fat bell Solomon Grundy to issue an apology to the people of this City for his disgraceful remarks. Infact, you lot can make a banner when you come to a glorious new waterfront stadium

the skyline of our city (the one you visit every other week) will be changed forever, and right in the middle will be Everton F.C. Enjoy the view from your flatpack IKEA Stand

Moshri is a business man, hes not going to let this fail, the guy could i know he isn't but could pull out 350m and put it down to pay the stadium, he isnt going to make himself look silly infront of his emeriates mates

Im assuming the press don't know yet that the council intend to guarantor us the loan for it? I'm assuming the press have been briefed solely on the land been bought with further details coming out tonight after the council meeting.

Think it would be damaging for the press to release news of a council backed stadium before the Mayor/club does.

Yes they will have been given very brief details of the land purchase. As usual, we know more than they do! The Red Echo will be gutted.

Crazy that's it's going to cost us (roughly) £30m for the land...

Wasn't that the sum total of what we needed to (and couldn't) raise for Kings Dock?

It was starting to escalate even at that point, it could have been double that amount come the end, but still you are right we could have saved ourselves a lot of money.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, we would have all bought 20 houses in the mid nineties, don't worry Mr Bank Manager i can't afford it now but in a few years time i will be loaded!! :)

there's a birthday In the office today, I've saved myself a Bramley apple pie ready for the news.... going to taste sweet this!!:dance:

frodo1.gif