New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can one party get over a slight if ZERO contrition is shown by the other one?

If he wasn't our manager it wouldn't be an issue, but he is our manager now, so why can't he show some contrition and why should we be expected to just accept that?

I don't get why some people don't think there should be some give and take here, I really don't

The very least he can do is admit he made the comment in anger and apologise for it

I will give him a chance if he does and I'm sure others will too, and those that won't would never have been won over regardless of what he said or did

Our fans have sang and called him fat etc. for years - I would say thats pretty much give and take.

As I said a few days ago footie fans are the most precious blokes around - can sing and chant names at someone but they dare say something back and its a scandal.

Why should it be let go if he isn't prepared to do the decent thing and apologise for it?

The manager/fan base relationship is give and take

Why is the onus on us?

If he apologies then yeah, we should get over it, but he hasn't and I don't buy his mealy-mouthed explanation either
I'm spending no energy trying to convince you your life would be better if you didn't get hung up on meaningless words.

I mean, I get that it's 2021 and the very concept of courtesy is all but dead, but come on guys it's not that much of a head scratcher is it?

If I talked crap about a rival company but then got a management gig there, I'd 100% make an effort to apologise to the staff and shareholders when I got there, even if I knew some of them would hate me regardless, because it's just the right thing to do

How can one party get over a slight if ZERO contrition is shown by the other one?

If he wasn't our manager it wouldn't be an issue, but he is our manager now, so why can't he show some contrition and why should we be expected to just accept that?

I don't get why some people don't think there should be some give and take here, I really don't

The very least he can do is admit he made the comment in anger and apologise for it

I will give him a chance if he does and I'm sure others will too, and those that won't would never have been won over regardless of what he said or did

mate it’s not really what he said it’s his managerial credentials he’s utter poo

Ultimately who else do you think appoints him?

I would say Usmanov has appointed him as he did Carlo.

But Moshiri, Brands and Kenwright would have all had some form of say in it.

I didn't want Martinez as manager but Kenwright didnt listen to me but it was what it was.

Its a genuinely sad day to be an Evertonian. I've never seen the club/fanbase so divided or bereft of hope in my life. I know some will just think that me and others over dramatic here but it really does feel like the club crossed some invisible line with this appointment. :(

What I would say with this club is when things look darkest we tend to do best, when things look rosy and hopeful is when we usually fall flat on our faces.

Come on! It's not as bad as appointing Allardyce!
It is mate. Way worse. No matter what we feel about Allardyce he didn't have half the baggage that Benitez does and he was only ever going to be here until the end of that season. He was a stop gap and nothing more. Benitez is a full blown long term managerial appointment and we don't know when/if we'll be rid of him.

I mean, I get that it's 2021 and the very concept of courtesy is all but dead, but come on guys it's not that much of a head scratcher is it?

If I talked crap about a rival company but then got a management gig there, I'd 100% make an effort to apologise to the staff and shareholders when I got there, even if I knew some of them would hate me regardless, because it's just the right thing to do
You’re assuming he’s a man of integrity. Reckon he’s just got a huge ego and doesn’t give two flying ones myself.

Newcastle were one point from safety when he took over, with 9 games left to play. They were not "already good as down". This is a straightforward lie.
wow, so he only needed to get one point from 27 available, that's shocking.
Another way to look at it is if you extrapolate the points he gained over those 9 games over the course of a season, Newcastle would have finished 9th.

Our fans have sang and called him fat etc. for years - I would say thats pretty much give and take.

As I said a few days ago footie fans are the most precious blokes around - can sing and chant names at someone but they dare say something back and its a scandal.

But he's our manager now

The dynamic has changed

Why are we the ones who have to bend to accommodate him and he has to do nothing?

It doesn't make any sense that so many people are just happy for him to come in and not even make zero effort to try and foster a good relationship with the fan base

It's in his own interest to do so

It's incredible arrogance on his part and a complete lack of self-esteem from those making the argument that he should just be able to waltz in and everyone should magically just like him

No. It's a two-way street

If he's willing to make the effort then fine, you get to make that argument, but until he proves that he is then his detractors have no reason to bend whatsoever

Status
Not open for further replies.