New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest worry with Nuno is what is his biggest priority will be . Whether it’s progress of Everton or Mendes ?

When wolves sold Jota last season , they replaced him with Fabio Silva with that money. €30mil on someone who has barely played senior football.

Reason ? Mendes wanted move clients .Putting the needs of Mendes above the club. You just have Google what a mess Valencia was after Mendes meddled with them .

This is what worries me most

He guided Portuguese minnows Rio Aves to the Europa League and Valencia to the Champions League, as well as winning the Championship with Wolves and finishing 7th in consecutive Premier League seasons. He also took Wolves to a European quarter-final. Give the poor guy a chance. I really hope he'll never see some of these comments!

As blues we have a duty to get behind our new manager.
Spot on. Let’s at least give the guy a season (or even a match!) before we write him off.

Nuno’s not the jolliest character so maybe doesn’t feel that exciting but I think he’s good. Wolves fans love him and odd that he was more fired than walked away. It feels like their style became a bit more counter attacking during the PL but when they got promoted they played brilliant football - fast possession based. That is his good identity of play whilst still being adaptable. always tactically challenged the big teams in games against them and got some really good results against them. Got a lot of different types of players to blend really well at Wolves from Coady to Neves and got the best out of talented players that others failed with notably Traore. In terms of his character, I think he has that good blend of being a very strong personality the players don’t mess with whilst still being fatherly enough to talk to them and put an arm round them when needed. And a great beard. It’s hard to know everything about a manager unless you also know the way he works and the details day to day but I think we might be pleasantly surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.