New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

My worry is Wolves we’re the best defensive team in the whole of Europe last season. They hit on the counter and we have zero pace in our team.

The guy looked completely and utterly burned out at the end of the season last year and we're hiring him. @BlueToff said similar.

We've got to be a managers dream job, come in, do nothing, get paid for years.

I'm honestly just not arsed about it now too mate.

But meh, I think I'd feel the same about most of the appointments.

I'd be more excited about Galtier but I can't say I watched loads of Lille. I just know that he built something over four years and implemented a direct style of play, playing with pace. That's why I liked the idea of someone like him.

Nuno's just... dunno, beige. But of the options out there it was always going to be a struggle really as frankly I don't trust anyone at the top of the club.

I think he’ll do better than ancelotti to be honest, but then I think almost anybody would. I can imagine him having us around 7th for a couple of years but it’s very, very, difficult to picture him taking us any further than that, and the football is once again going to be dull as dishwater. There were definitely worse options, but this is such an uninspiring appointment.

This pretty much, not a terrible manager but just don't think he can improve us massively. Doubt anyone could be any worse than what was served up last year as well!

He guided Portuguese minnows Rio Aves to the Europa League and Valencia to the Champions League, as well as winning the Championship with Wolves and finishing 7th in consecutive Premier League seasons. He also took Wolves to a European quarter-final. Give the poor guy a chance. I really hope he'll never see some of these comments!

As blues we have a duty to get behind our new manager.

It signals Moshiri has become risk averse with the stadium in the offing. 7th is the official holy grail.

If NES got us to the stage we are playing at Bramley Moore without a huge wobble then he'll consider it a decent appointment.

This feels like a 2-3 year holding exercise. I honestly hope he fulfills his contract as we can't tolerate another manager for 18 months or less.

Regroup, secure some stability, and then reconsider. That seems to be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.