New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think I said about 300 pages ago, Nuno was a very meh appointment to me didn’t fill me with excitement, but definitely doesn’t fill me with the dread of Moyes etc.

one thing I will say is the football I seen wolves play last year was absolutely awful, and if that’s how he is going to set up we will be looking again in the next 12 months.

I struggle to believe he is the best out of all the managers we considered, it screams to me of fear at board level of getting someone with no prem experience and screams that Brands has absolutely no influence - I cannot imagine this is his appointment, I can only imagine this is Moshiri having Mendes in his ear 100%

Case remains if we don’t improve the squad in the right areas with the right players, regardless who the manager is it’s still going to be poor

I think we’re now only one transition away from playing walking football
I'll back nuno. But I totally agree. I can see big problems ahead for him. I didn't really care about a name coming but wanted a manager who was going to play football with intensity. We dont win silverware, are a meh mid table team who for the last 5 years play horrible football and I was hoping for more intensity to give me something to watch.

I dont believe nuno will deliver this. So it now comes down to results. He will need results to convince the fanbase who rightly so ,are very underwhelmed by the current set of players , recent management and styles and decisions. Hopefully he will get the results he needs to give it a real go as otherwise goodison will eat him up.

Yeah and? I didn't state the reason we're getting him is because he's black. But if he's to become our first black manager I'll be very proud and so should everyone
I didn't mean anything by that. I've just never noticed he's black. I was surprised at what you said that's all.

Big step backwards this. Another wasted opportunity and we will watch on as we buy more over priced crap, pay negative football and he will be gone around October 2023 after losing at home to one of the promoted teams.

I think he’ll do better than ancelotti to be honest, but then I think almost anybody would. I can imagine him having us around 7th for a couple of years but it’s very, very, difficult to picture him taking us any further than that, and the football is once again going to be dull as dishwater. There were definitely worse options, but this is such an uninspiring appointment.

Yes he's not a Christian Gross level appointment. He will keep us in the division for a couple of years while we crack on with the new ground. Then hopefully we can get a progressive manager. From a corporate point of view I can see the sense in the appointment. However I dreaded watching Everton last season, and this won't change that. My lad is less wedded to us than me, and he stopped watching us completely. They need to be careful, as if nobody cares about us, we won't progress as a club
My kid is the same now; "did we win?", "Didn't think so". He really doesn't care anymore. I'm bitterly jealous

Status
Not open for further replies.