New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The state of some of you hahaha. We have just had Carlo Ancelotti and finished tenth. We have spent half a billion in the past 5 years and haven’t had European football since then. Yet Nuno Took Wolves from the championship straight to 7th two seasons on the bounce and your complaining. You we’re all made up getting linked with Galtier even tho 95% of you haven’t got a clue who he is or what he’s ever done.
I think the 24% vote thinking there was ever a chance of Conte says everything about the delusion level.
Ancelotti was the anomaly, not the new norm.
Think Nuno will do well for you, Wolves finished above Everton in 2 of the last 3 seasons, with a vastly smaller budget.
But if that’s so disastrous, then ok, enjoy.

Yes he's not a Christian Gross level appointment. He will keep us in the division for a couple of years while we crack on with the new ground. Then hopefully we can get a progressive manager. From a corporate point of view I can see the sense in the appointment. However I dreaded watching Everton last season, and this won't change that. My lad is less wedded to us than me, and he stopped watching us completely. They need to be careful, as if nobody cares about us, we won't progress as a club
Gross had a more successful career in management than Nuno!

I think the 24% vote thinking there was ever a chance of Conte says everything about the delusion level.
Think Nuno will do well for you, Wolves finished above Everton in 2 of the last 3 seasons, with a vastly smaller budget.
So on a scale 1-10, over your stay in the premier league; how boring was the footy to watch. I remember watching you, and whilst away from home, the system seemed to work because you invited pressure than broke, how did you contend with teams sitting deep?

Lots of negativity for Nuno already and I think this has been our issue the last 5 seasons. We have been consistently crap with some brief good spells under Martinez & Silva. We seem to expect every manager to get us in the top 5 or it’s deemed a failure.

Brands and Moshiri probably had the budget for the TW for Ancelotti all sorted including some targets, now they have to start again in search of a manager, some targets both managerial and players at the Euros so not easy.

Nuno was highly thought of 3 season ago and has done great with Wolves. He’s talked about building an identity which we haven’t seen since Silvas first season and Moyes team before that. Nuno also was hampered with injuries last season

Some talking about no pace in the team to play how he wants, the season doesn’t start tomorrow. Hopefully he knows we want a certain style of football too.

I’m as bored an anyone with this merry go round, Hopefully we are all pleasantly surprised. At least it’s not Howe, Ferguson or Martinez back.

Poor blokes not even officially announced and everyone's having a meltdown. Can we give it until Christmas and losing a few games before we turn on him or god forbid we might support the guy after watching Carlo bore us too death, I cannot imagine it getting worse. If it does we can complain. It doesn't look good grieving the guy before he's through the door.

Not sure what a lot of you want we don't have a magic wand we have tried an up and coming manager, we have tried a World Class manager, we have tried a ex big name player as manager all have done poor. Patience and back Nuno if he is indeed the boss.

deliusion? We got Carlo, if they’re was a chance of conte we would of got him to.

He guided Portuguese minnows Rio Aves to the Europa League and Valencia to the Champions League, as well as winning the Championship with Wolves and finishing 7th in consecutive Premier League seasons. He also took Wolves to a European quarter-final. Give the poor guy a chance. I really hope he'll never see some of these comments!

As blues we have a duty to get behind our new manager.

shush George and mourn with us

Poor blokes not even officially announced and everyone's having a meltdown. Can we give it until Christmas and losing a few games before we turn on him or god forbid we might support the guy after watching Carlo bore us too death, I cannot imagine it getting worse. If it does we can complain. It doesn't look good grieving the guy before he's through the door.

Not sure what a lot of you want we don't have a magic wand we have tried an up and coming manager, we have tried a World Class manager, we have tried a ex big name player as manager all have done poor. Patience and back Nuno if he is indeed the boss.

we have tried a manager from THIS LEAGUE and f all else

we’re a joke

It feels like the type of appointment you make after sacking a manager having to fork out £££. So then go for the cheap option to cut costs.

So on a scale 1-10, over your stay in the premier league; how boring was the footy to watch. I remember watching you, and whilst away from home, the system seemed to work because you invited pressure than broke, how did you contend with teams sitting deep?
First 2 seasons, not actually boring at all.
Contain and counter attack. If you only get excited by constant attacking, then no you won’t be happy, but it’s still engrossing.
Watching live is better, as in the first 2 seasons there were excellent pressing traps in our own half, just didn’t chase them all over the field like a Leeds or the red lot.
Last season was bloody dire. No escaping that.
There were a couple of decent performances early on before Jimenez’s injury (absolutely bossed Palace, who for some unknown reason decided to press and defend narrow, letting WBs run the show), but it was mostly poo even then, and just got worse thereafter.
Throw in injuries to our best CB, first choice LB, then Neto in the form of his life.

In answer to dealing with deep sitting defences....we didn’t. We were absolutely awful against the bottom teams in season 1, couldn’t break them down and just seemingly generally half arsed them.
2nd season we picked up a LOT of points from bottom 6, mostly through the Traore-Jimenez show.
Over the 3, I’d give it a 9/10, but that could well be heavily influenced by how low our expectations have been in the last 40 years.
Entertainment value was probably only a 6 or 7 overall in reality.

2 7th places and a Europa QF would be a massive step up for Everton in terms of recent achievement, hence why I’m baffled at the level of criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.