New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to serve up anything else with the squad we have?

Can anyone get a sweet tune from a broken violin?
He’s got a whole summer to change it and if he (and Brands) are the right people to lead us on then they have to be able to do that and I’d hope they have a plan already if he is our new manager.

Am not a gambler friend never have been as I said I will support Nuno because I love Everton. If he’s the manager. I hope he does a great job. Am just worried about getting all are new players from one super agent and turning down better players for his instead.
To know if that'll be the case you'd need to be able to read Moshiri's mind. I'm sure it'll be addressed in the talks they're having...if this isn't all media drivel.

I thought the Mendes link was the doing of Wolves owners, and not Nuno?
Nuno is far more intertwined with Mendes than anyone else. Nuno was Mendes first signing when he became a football agent. At the time Nuno was a player at Porto.

Similarly Nuno has so far only managed clubs where Mendes has a close link I.e Rio Ave , Porto , Valencia and Wolves . All clubs than Mendes uses to park players and then sell them off for profit . The only slight exception with Wolves is that Wolves owners have also invested into Mendes company so it was mutually beneficial.

Everton will be the first club Nuno will be managing that isn’t under the direct influence of Mendes.

Zat, the majority of us knew that Ancelotti reverted to that type of play due to the situation he was in. He started the season playing on the front foot, reverted to defence first when injuries hit and those replacements simply could not play football.

As any good manager does, you revert to a tight back line. You don’t concede, you don’t lose and your chances of winning increase.

But, it would have changed this season.

Nuno’s Plan A is Carlo’s plan F; amazing stuff

For me, it's that you're reliant on the other side being better than you.

Counter attacking should be something you use in the odd game for pragmatic purposes. It shouldn't be Plan A.

Yes.

We saw what Ancelotti could do the first few games of last season.

Then hes had to be pragmatic.

I wonder if Moshiri assumed the fans liked the negative football played and found someone to continue it on the cheap?

The fact remains he won promotion and in the next two seasons finished seventh.
Last season he lost at least three key players for the season.

I am not sure which bit of that is flawed to be honest ?

Most managers need some period of settling in when joining a new club more so if they come from abroad

Got promoted with players such as Ruben Neves in the team...a large fee in that league alongside multiple other Mendes signings.

He finished below all the current top sides aside from Leicester in his second season (think before rodgers joined)....

Then arsenal replaced leicester in his 3rd season....and now hes played the same way for another season while losing players.

What evidence was there for a plan B during those 4 years? How has he shown he can evolve the team?

Lets say we give him 4 years watching that fixed same style of play...lets say we finish 7th every year...

Thats not for me.

Can't wait to watch Doucoure playing it long to Calvert-Lewin all next season.

That's of course if he gets the ball at all after Keane has hoofed it.
Imagine guaranteeing an already fed up fanbase more terrible football. Moshiri is just popcorning us jow

He’s got a whole summer to change it and if he (and Brands) are the right people to lead us on then they have to be able to do that and I’d hope they have a plan already if he is our new manager.
Well I hope so, but it depends on the budget.

I do know that the club are challenged by the FFP situation. Let’s hope the accountants are creative.

Is it possible to serve up anything else with the squad we have?

Can anyone get a sweet tune from a broken violin?
And expect a bit more of the same this season,with the squad we have. Two or three players won't work a miracle.
If we still have a chance of Europe last game that'll do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.