New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be happy I would like Everton to break the top 6/4 but the squad isn’t good enough at the moment. Nothing to do with the manager we have really. I just think It won’t bring you long term success getting your players from one super agent. Will end up with some duds. Also your missing out on a huge pool of talented players. I no they had injury’s an some sales but I believe that’s what’s happening with wolves now an they will find themselves in the championship in a few years again.
You could probably get decent odds on that prediction. Maybe throw a ton on?

In all honesty watching Everton last season was a dirge, it wanst terribly entertaining, yes there were moments of tension but more based on results, but if people think we played a brand of attacking football last season they are fooling themselves. We played a pragmatic, tactical game. Im a bit confused you say you like football and an approach of like Serie A in ths 90's, that was slow paced, strategic and very low intensity. It was largely based on defensive systems so i dont understand in the comparison in the sense of you saying - you want a coach that plays attacking progressive creative football. In all honesty, if say we played how we did last season, with Sean Dyce or Sam Allardyce as we did under Carlo - people would be looking for both to be sacked this summer. We were very forgiving because of the "Carlo" label.

Its a game of percentages, say Martinez went 70% attack and 30% defensive, we were naive and often tonked laterally, when the Moyes defense fell apart. Carlo last season got our best results playing 70% defensive and trying to nick one on the counter, which at times worked.

The points you are making mate are bit of contradiction between your posts. Not having a go or anything as have the height of respect for your opinions, just a healthy debate. ;)

Nuno plays id suggest a similar system, to Leicester, Mordor maybe Villa and Leeds, threat and transition comes from the flanks and midfield in there as a shield to press but also support attacking play. Its pretty much how Moyes used to play, but Nuno is probably a bit more adventurous with his wing backs then the afore mentioned teams. My concern is that how you are got at, i always knew if you get in behind the Wolves wing backs you make hay.

What i was alluding to in the Serie A example is that Ancelotti seemed to have been at stage 1 of creating something.

To evolve further over a rebuild we would need:

A: Superior defenders in a well drilled system.

B: Midfielders and attackers who were all able to understand the system and position themselves to be able to defend how the manager dictated.

C: A very low goals against column.

D: Cohesive play to switch from defence into attack

E: A plan A + B + C in both defensive setup and attack

F: Easy on the eye attacking play to complement the art of defending.

Now, what Ancelotti had stated was that we basically could only play with a deep defence and not a high line.

He also said he would improve the attractiveness of attacking and make the team more exciting.

This was after 1 full season. So gradually we have a highly experienced Italian pragmatic manager who we would see if he was able to combine the Italian traits with the different style of the premier league.

Therefore, the hope was that he would be able to employ the systems we used last season at the beginning + in the middle in different matches depending on our opponents.

Remember, in serie A in the 90s we didnt only see negative football...it depended on who the teams were and also the opponents...there were tactics changing in game and per game.

Based on his CV, with time and money he could well achieve this....he was given £65mil.

Now we have a manager who has shown he can only play with a plan A. Has not shown any ability to evolve the team over 4 seasons into anything like either a pragmatic interchangeable style or a team which could grow...it has instead stagnated.

If Ancelotti was given 4 seasons would we still see the same negative football -- based on his track record i doubt it.

Now hes gone we need a manager who could either take step 2 and develop the negative style into something like i described above OR a more front foot manager to begin with who also has a strong defensive setup OR something totally unique where a new style of play comes into the league.

Instead we have gone for a manager who is stuck on step 1 after 4 years at the same club....with no plan b. This smacks of having last year on repeat.

To be fair that’s exactly what Ancelotti was serving up.
I was clinging to hope that was going to change after this summer and constantly backed him, but now he’s gone I’m going to be honest and say that I seen nothing in the past 6 months that indicated anything other than crap football going forward.

Even teams who were there for the taking. Absolute worst team in the league in Sheffield United. NOTHING. No plan, no cohesion. Just pure unadulterated eye tripe.

I was clinging to hope that was going to change after this summer and constantly backed him, but now he’s gone I’m going to be honest and say that I seen nothing in the past 6 months that indicated anything other than crap football going forward.

I can categorically say hand on heart, that it was the worst football I have ever seen in my lifetime. Every game was a graft to sit and watch.

I can get behind that at least.

As Evertonians we ALWAYS give the new manager a chance. Even Allardyce was given the chance to see if he could play a bit more progressively, we just turned on him quicker because he did the same thing he always did and we had years of watching him do it elsewhere, so NES will be given a chance.

If he serves up anything like that dirge that Wolves played last year though he’ll be turned on very very quickly.
Is it possible to serve up anything else with the squad we have?

Can anyone get a sweet tune from a broken violin?

I can categorically say hand on heart, that it was the worst football I have ever seen in my lifetime. Every game was a graft to sit and watch.
And now we’re getting more of it. I’m going to take up a weekend language or drying paint watching course I think

You could probably get decent odds on that prediction. Maybe throw a ton on?
Am not a gambler friend never have been as I said I will support Nuno because I love Everton. If he’s the manager. I hope he does a great job. Am just worried about getting all are new players from one super agent and turning down better players for his instead.

Has there been any 100% solid shouts yet by the way?
I’m still hoping that Nuno to Everton is the same as the Conte to Spurs, Fonseca to Spurs, Nuno to Palace all nailed on days have been…

Status
Not open for further replies.