New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's made them look more attractive but not progressed them?

Rebuilding or not no fan should be happy languishing around 10th.
We were 8 points off 4th FFS with the worst home record in our history.
We are where we are now and like it or not the team you see now needs improving not dismantled and started again.
We need a winner who can add them 8 points we missed out last year at least.
He has improved them in every way. They were actually quite unlucky to finish were they did.

What manager though is going to pick up those extra 8 points playing Gomes Sigurdsson Davies Holgate Iwobi?

Everton are already actively negotiating with the Frenchman's agent and hope to reach an agreement by the end of the week.
Don't do this to me......heart can't take it.

Martinez was horrific. We played some horrific football under him. First season he took over a solid team and played some good football, fell apart at the end. 2nd season was terrible side to side boring football. He had Lukaku, CA didn’t. His team selections and formations where baffling also at times.

You have your Rose tinted glasses looking at Martinez time here, the guy was a joke and his spell was a disaster.

Not in anywya calling for Martinez back btw but the whole idea that Martinez only done well season 1 was because he inherited Moyes team is so wide off the mark.

Probably 4 of our best players in that season where Martinez signings/additions to the first team in Barry maccarthy and lukaku, he also made Barkley one of his main men... Something he never was under Moyes.

Fell apart after that like but he was excellent in that first season.

Hopefully this piece of news about Galtier is accurate, although with our history it probably won't be.

He would be first choice for me.

He has won a league without huge resources by beating a team that has

At the same time he has a good body of experience built up with some successes.

I think he has worked for a while in England so he will of knowledge of what to expect and can speak some English without being fluent.
He will have Digne,Doucoure and Nkounko to act as interpreters at the start.

He has improved them in every way. They were actually quite unlucky to finish were they did.

What manager though is going to pick up those extra 8 points playing Gomes Sigurdsson Davies Holgate Iwobi?
Yes they play better stuff and have improved but have they progressed?
Surely that's the aim for every club.

We'd improve the team and hopefully they'd be the ones culled.
No way Digne or Alan and other internationals hang around for a rebuild job.
Also no way they hang around without a top manager in charge.
Potter isn't the man IMO.

I accept that there is baggage, but I know I couldn’t go on watching the football we have suffered for the last few years.

I would dance with the devil to change that.

We are a club imagining we can chase top four whilst simultaneously looking over our shoulder afraid of relegation. Our squad had big gaps that need addressing and we will have FFP limitations to contend with.

We need a manager who will stick around, is a safe pair of hands that won’t get us embroiled in relegation, whilst also has a skill set to get us moving towards the top four. I don’t think many of them fit into those categories. We could go for an tried foreign manager and it may work out great or it could be a dark disaster. We could go for a Premier League manager from the lower end and hope they have the skill set to improve us, or we could go for a manager experienced in all those areas.
It's a proper conundrum whichever way we look at it.

Can't disagree with any of your points mate.

I just want us winning again, I'm lucky I've seen Goodison rocking etc I just want the same for my kids and others who have yet to feel that joy.

UTFT

This doesn't really have anything to do with what I said though? There are loads and loads and loads of managers who have not said anything about us.

I am not touching the Cavani thing, it's no excuse, Benitez lived and worked here, Cavani did, Suarez did etc.

Why are people weirdly defending him anyway?

AND STOP CALLING HIM Rafael! (everyone not just you...)
At footie training last night, about 15 of the guys are called negro. Im gringo. There is about 10 called gordo. Small guys are called chiqui. The red head is colorado. The grey haired - viejo.

There was not one racist there.

Rafael is short in Spanish for Rafael so I will call the man Rafael, if that is good with you.

And Im not defending him.

But he was bang on the button about Moyes and his knife to a gunfight attitude. In spanish, the expression is small club. I honestly cant say it in spanish without saying equipo chico. Listo!

And he corrected himself afterwards because he wants the job, which is fair enough as he is probably within his rights to want the job. Not my favoured candidate though.

Just like Cavani wasnt racist or discriminatory either when talking to his friends and countrymen.

Context is everything.

Most British managers dont work abroad because they struggle to master one language, never mind two. You have to cut some slack to people talking in their second language. Fair play to Bielsa, he doesnt even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.