New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But despite the rumours if no one approached him from Juventus about the job and he is offered an extension and payrise why wouldn't you take it?

Conte won't be long term, have no doubt about that but if we are trying to get him it shows to me that Farhad and Usmanov are continuing to support us.

But despite the rumours if no one approached him from Juventus about the job and he is offered an extension and payrise why wouldn't you take it?

Conte won't be long term, have no doubt about that but if we are trying to get him it shows to me that Farhad and Usmanov are continuing to support us.
He has been approached.
It's no coincidence that he's come out with his latest quotes

First chance he got he'd be gone, just like Carlo, great manager, like Carlo, but you can not build any foundations with these kind of managers in charge and we above all need some stability.

I'd take Martinez if he's willing to accept he can't be defensively naive in the premier League, I'd expect he's matured as a manager by now.
Matured with Belgium though. He managed us as if we had that team and it suits him and a squad like that. I don't think he'd be any better defensively, I really don't

totally agree but that wasnt what i was responding to.

*apart from the small club quote, would never tolerate him holding up an Everton Scarf or sitting in our Dug out or taking charge of a Derby match so its a defo "no" from me, FACT
I accept that there is baggage, but I know I couldn’t go on watching the football we have suffered for the last few years.

I would dance with the devil to change that.

We are a club imagining we can chase top four whilst simultaneously looking over our shoulder afraid of relegation. Our squad had big gaps that need addressing and we will have FFP limitations to contend with.

We need a manager who will stick around, is a safe pair of hands that won’t get us embroiled in relegation, whilst also has a skill set to get us moving towards the top four. I don’t think many of them fit into those categories. We could go for an tried foreign manager and it may work out great or it could be a dark disaster. We could go for a Premier League manager from the lower end and hope they have the skill set to improve us, or we could go for a manager experienced in all those areas.

Couldn't care less what Rafael said about us years ago when he was manager of our rivals. My issue is, he isn't good enough.

Not sure why people are so bothered about what a manager may have said previously when we know from Carlo that they say what people want to hear even when it's all tosh.
Exactly. For the last 5 years he’s managed Newcastle and Dalian Professional in China. Not a chance he’s good enough for what we need. I’d be seriously pissed off if we appointed him.

….he arrogantly & disrespectfully called us a ‘small club’.

Regardless of his worth, I think it would take some leap to appoint him as our manager now. We need to retain our values, we need to retain some self-respect.
At this stage he needs us more than we need him… never any point holding a grudge but bottom line is we can do better… and he showed his character back then. Not a person that fits our values…

First chance he got he'd be gone, just like Carlo, great manager, like Carlo, but you can not build any foundations with these kind of managers in charge and we above all need some stability.
It again seems like a lack of a coherent vision. Conte is a quick fix - give him lots of money and get us into the CL in one or maybe two seasons. Then he’s off but we’re in a better position to get another top manager. That’s maybe Moshiris thought process if there’s any genuine interest.

On the other hand, we go for someone who will stay long term, work within certain parameters in terms of recruitment and try to build success that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.