New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays absolutely dreadful footy, is a dinosaur, and hates us. I’d literally rather Eddie Howe and that’s saying something
He didn't at the RS, admittedly Newcastle were boring but he managed them according to the players he had. Chelsea he won them the Cup, not saying he's ultra attacking but he's a safe bet and as for Eddie Howe christ he leaked more goals than Roberto and spunked 40+million on 2 crap rs reserves

I don’t want Rafael, nothing to do with his Liverpool links, he’s just past it as a top manager. Steve Bruce is doing a better job at Newcastle.

You do realise that Rafael left Bruce with a team that had been a secure Premier league side for 2 years.

Bruce also spent a vast amount more than Rafael, was bottom of every stat table and looking like certain relegation until Ashley brought in Grahame Jones to help Bruce out.

You do realise that Rafael left Bruce with a team that had been a secure Premier league side for 2 years.

Bruce also spent a vast amount more than Rafael, was bottom of every stat table and looking like certain relegation until Ashley brought in Grahame Jones to help Bruce out.
Deffo something odd about you. Can't quite but my finger on it. Are you a Spanish football manager at all?

He didn't at the RS, admittedly Newcastle were boring but he managed them according to the players he had. Chelsea he won them the Cup, not saying he's ultra attacking but he's a safe bet and as for Eddie Howe christ he leaked more goals than Roberto and spunked 40+million on 2 crap rs reserves
I don’t remember the RS exactly being scintillating under Rafael, also that was nearly 15 years ago now.

You also have to remember at them he had Gerrard, Alonso and Torres who at the time were all world class players, with us he has Allan, Doucoure and DCL who don’t really compare

Heard board looking at Benitez as manager..NO NO NO We don't want the guy who called us "that little club down the road" He was an insult to Everton.

He never did say that though did he?

After Merseyside derby:

Benitez: "I was really disappointed because one team wanted to win the game and one team didn't want to lose it.

"Everton put eight or nine men behind the ball and defended deep but that's what small clubs do".

"When a team comes to Anfield and only want a point what else can you call them but a small club?"

He then reiterated what he meant.

"I didn't want to be disrespectful to the club, I was talking about the way they were playing, not the club".

He then reiterated again years later:

"I made a mistake when I said it was a small club, what I wanted to say was they are a small team because in this game I remember they had one chance".

So we got David Moyes with his knife to a gunfight mentality going to Anfield with 8 men behind the ball, despite both clubs being in the same position in the league. We disliked the times we choked in big games under Moyes because of the way he set up his team. Yet how dare the fat Spaniard speaking a second language say something out of context and we take it to heart.

Maybe there is some truth to that for those fans who still hold that grudge in terms of inferiority complex, because to others it's water off a ducks back. Or at least should be to fans of "big clubs".

Lille's gaffer would be great but why would Galtier leave the Champions of France, forget about CL and join EFC? We need a lot of cash for that to happen. Convincing him about our project will be tiresome.

If he brings Zeki Celik with him, that would be swell too.

Utter myth the money, Rafael spent millions at Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.