New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. He took Bournemouth from League 2 to the Premier League. Thats incredible when you actually think about it and the size of their ground, their resources etc.... Plus he kept them there for a few seasons as well. They were always going to go down at some stage. Its a miracle he kept them up for so long tbh
That's lovely, but I stand by my original statement m'lud.

Apparently Carlo 'led' us to 8th and now James is 'stuck' here, pretty sure it was 10th and nobody is stuck anywhere. Talk about belittling the club.

I have a serious problem. Maybe I am the only one, dunno.

But I keep returning to Dyche. Not a clue why, but sommet makes me think he would fit Everton. He is certainly a better manager and that than the hipsters would lead you to believe, and he could deffo take the heat.

Hug me better.
Watch 3 of his interviews and by the end you just pray for him to cough and never wanted to hear his voice again

I'm not saying it's impossible at all.

What I am saying is why on earth would we identify a 61 year old man who's not managed a competitive club side in 22 years as somebody to take us forward? Fair play to the guy, he's done well with Germany - but he's done well with an extraordinarily talented group of players - it's hardly a miracle.

Because;

- the fact Germany were not winning stuff when he got there in 2004 but he was part of getting them back on track

- he’s proven he can oversee a long term project at international level so he could potentially do it at club level too

- you’d hope he’d command respect from the players due to the WC winners medal

- we have a DoF who can help with the transition, so he’s not just getting dropped in and being asked to do it all himself

- his work at youth level in Germany suggests he could help develop and improve our own youth set up

- his style of play would appease the section of our fan base who finds that important

- this is his last tournament, so no fee to get him

- he’s a genuinely interesting appointment in a field of uninspiring ones

Yes, it’s a gamble, but if it can work then it’d be amazing. I’d like us to try it if he’s interested

Ice hokey is Canadian and basketball isn't played in any serious way. There's no world Cup of basketball.
There is a World championship and the Olympics with Basketball. Pretty serious in most of Europe. Big crowds etc and rivalries. Check out the Euro league on YouTube for example.

I’m glad it’s not been rushed. Next appointment is massive, we can’t keep throwing hundreds of millions on managers and transfers without zero rewards and in some cases actually being worse off than before.

too risky to appoint an inexperienced manager in the likes of Ferguson, lampard, pirlo etc We need someone that has experience and proven ability at pushing teams up the table and getting in players that will increase in value and ability rather than ending up as dead money due to age or how terrible they are.

But I keep returning to Dyche. Not a clue why, but sommet makes me think he would fit Everton. He is certainly a better manager and that than the hipsters would lead you to believe, and he could deffo take the heat.

Hug me better.
I like Dyche as a manager and a person. I think he's a better manager than Eddie Howe for example. He's done an amazing job at Burnley.

Okay he took them from L2 but once he hit the PL he massively struggled as well as wasting a fortune on terrible players and shipping 3/4/5 goals quite often, how would he help Everton?

Yeah, but my point is he took them from L2 to the Premier League. They were always going to struggle once they got there since they are Bournemouth - they didn't have the resources to compete and yes, some signings were not great but you don't know who actually signed them or how many players Bournemouth can attract so you are looking at limited options anyway.

He would be good for us since he is a good manager, plays good football, would build/plan for the longer term and get us on an even keen again.

If we went for someone like Conte, then it may look exciting initially but he would over spend on over the hill players who are just past their best, and on their way down, and then he would jump ship as soon as a better option came along.

We need a manager with something to proof - i.e. a David Moyes from 2002 (but not Moyes now), someone who is young, in it for the right reasons and for the long term

Hug me better.

I’d be interested to see what he could achieve with an actual budget to play with

He’d be fighting an uphill battle with a lot of our fan base though

I’m pretty certain he speaks English

Feel free to correct me if wrong

There’d need to be a transition obviously, but I think with Brands’ help he’d manage it

If he can get us playing like that German side then it’s worth a gamble

He’d be a genuinely interesting and exciting appointment compared to some of the other names we’re being linked with
He'd get us playing like that German side if he had those German players. He'll have Iwobi, Holgate, and Coleman, though.

I live in Germany. Jögi outstayed his welcome as Bundestrainer a good half-decade now. He's an admirable coach - and certainly a better option than the ludicrous Duncan Ferguson shouts - but he's underachieved given the players he has had at his disposal. Euro 2012 and Euro 2016, in particular, were big missed opportunities. We won't mention the Russian debacle in 2018.

I’d be interested to see what he could achieve with an actual budget to play with

He’d be fighting an uphill battle with a lot of our fan base though

Oh deffo on some fans. I just think he is more talented than his persona sometimes suggests. And unlike many of the suggestions, he has actually done sommet in the PL, at a hugely unfashionable club.

Status
Not open for further replies.