New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because;

- the fact Germany were not winning stuff when he got there in 2004 but he was part of getting them back on track

- he’s proven he can oversee a long term project at international level so he could potentially do it at club level too

- you’d hope he’d command respect from the players due to the WC winners medal

- we have a DoF who can help with the transition, so he’s not just getting dropped in and being asked to do it all himself

- his work at youth level in Germany suggests he could help develop and improve our own youth set up

- his style of play would appease the section of our fan base who finds that important

- this is his last tournament, so no fee to get him

- he’s a genuinely interesting appointment in a field of uninspiring ones

Yes, it’s a gamble, but if it can work then it’d be amazing. I’d like us to try it if he’s interested

Do you actually think Low would be a good idea?

I have a serious problem. Maybe I am the only one, dunno.

But I keep returning to Dyche. Not a clue why, but sommet makes me think he would fit Everton. He is certainly a better manager and that than the hipsters would lead you to believe, and he could deffo take the heat.

Hug me better.
They definately outplayed us at goodison this season. First half they played like Brazil.

I’d be interested to see what he could achieve with an actual budget to play with

He’d be fighting an uphill battle with a lot of our fan base though

Dyche at Burnley reminds me of the work Moyes done at Everton... Both are good managers and you know exactly what you would get with both. Dyche and Moyes style is more about Grit, defensive solidity and energy.

Probably gonna get hammered but I`d go for Lampard or Howe before Dyche, Moyes or Potter. But then I`d be going all out for Conte or Gallardo before any of them. Howe intrigues me and he probably has missed an opportunity by going to Celtic and really proving himself, I think his next job will be his defining one because wherever he goes he will have a bigger budget than Bournemouth.

I`d have hoped for a quick appointment due to getting targets sorted and signings ready for after the Euros, all the delay will bring us too close to pre season and these current frauds getting another shot.

He'd get us playing like that German side if he had those German players. He'll have Iwobi, Holgate, and Coleman, though.

I live in Germany. Jögi outstayed his welcome as Bundestrainer a good half-decade now. He's an admirable coach - and certainly a better option than the ludicrous Duncan Ferguson shouts - but he's underachieved given the players he has had at his disposal. Euro 2012 and Euro 2016, in particular, were big missed opportunities. We won't mention the Russian debacle in 2018.

Managers can overstay their welcome yes

A change of scenery could rejuvenate him though

Dyche at Burnley reminds me of the work Moyes done at Everton... Both are good managers and you know exactly what you would get with both. Dyche and Moyes style is more about Grit, defensive solidity and energy.

Probably gonna get hammered but I`d go for Lampard or Howe before Dyche, Moyes or Potter. But then I`d be going all out for Conte or Gallardo before any of them. Howe intrigues me and he probably has missed an opportunity by going to Celtic and really proving himself, I think his next job will be his defining one because wherever he goes he will have a bigger budget than Bournemouth.

I`d have hoped for a quick appointment due to getting targets sorted and signings ready for after the Euros, all the delay will bring us too close to pre season and these current frauds getting another shot.

No one is going to hammer you for not wanting Dyche

I can only imagine that chaos on here if he got it

Did they? Didnt see it. I mean, (warming to the theme), other than he is Sean Dyche, is there a reasonable reason why he should be ruled out?

He's done amazing at Burnley, top manager for a team like Burnley.

The reason he SHOULD be ruled out is because he only knows how to play one way in this league and that's to sit back and defend with a big horrible lanky team.

Nothing but respect for the job he's done at Burnley, but the Everton job is a million miles away from the burley Job.

I'd be gutted if he got the job.

It needs to be someone who gets what we're about. We are not about Hollywood managers. I cringe when I see Pirlo linked with us. Nuno would be OK, but I put him on the same level as Howe, and Howe gets us more, being an Everton fan. Martinez got what the club is about...and I wonder what he'd be like with money and a defensive coach now that he's got more experience...

I wanted Vitor instead of Martinez

I wanted Favre instead of that dutch moon headed tit

I wanted Fonsexa instead of "oh crap I'm in way over my head" personified Silva

At this point I feel like I should really hoping we get Dunc or Benitez or Nuno because they never pan out.

I don’t go along with the Ferguson shouts, he’d be first out the door if I got the job.

There’s one common denominator in all our recent Managers.

I don’t go along with the Ferguson shouts, he’d be first out the door if I got the job.

There’s one common denominator in all our recent Managers.
Yeah it's Duncan's fault that we have had piss poor recruitment and a serious of failed head coaches isn't it...

May as well use the same logic to get rid of Jimmy Martin because I'm sure that suddenly we'd start winning everything if we did...

Status
Not open for further replies.